cartoons_03.jpg

cartoons_07.jpg

Another installment
cartoons_02.jpg

I'll probably like the following more than y'all:
cartoons_06.jpg

We can probably all appreciate this one:
01132011.jpg

Really? I thought the idea of the tragedy putting a halt to petty politics would resonate well here. Personally, I would have made the "politics" car look like the car from the Munsters to emphasize the out-of-control angle, but I still thought the cartoon was solid.
MunsterKoach2a.jpg

Really? I thought the idea of the tragedy putting a halt to petty politics would resonate well here.

It's the fact that it's a joke that bothers me. ;)

Übereil

This isn't a joke, but it should be…

Rep. Kucinich sues over olive pit in sandwich

Rep. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio is suing a congressional cafeteria for dental damage he says he suffered after biting into an olive pit in a sandwich wrap he bought there.

Kucinich's attorney, Andrew Young, declined to comment Wednesday on the lawsuit seeking $150,000 in damages from companies involved with the Longworth House Office Building cafeteria. A spokesman in Kucinich's congressional office also declined to comment.

The civil suit filed earlier this month in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia said the wrap "contained dangerous substances, namely an olive pit," that a consumer would not reasonably expect to find in the product served. The suit said that Kucinich suffered "serious and permanent" dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures.

Kucinich's lawsuit said the Ohio Democrat bought the sandwich on or about April 17, 2008. He is seeking damages for "past and future medical and dental expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damages."

The liberal congressman made an unsuccessful bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Two of the companies named in the suit, Compass Group USA Inc. and Performance Food Group Co., declined comment through spokespersons.

Where's the humour? This is an example of what we non-americans consider to be normal US behaviour!!

Two weeks worth, and an unusual amount of good ones to boot!
cartoons_01.jpg

cartoons_03.jpg

cartoons_04.jpg

cartoons_06.jpg

Slow week on the cartoon front. This was the best I could find.
cartoons_01.jpg

I agree, it's been a slow week. None of you are really trying at all!! I haven't had a single whining email this week complaining about what someone has said in this forum. I'm shocked!!!! :D

Commentary on Obama's meeting with the Chamber of Commerce:
02092011.jpg

Time actually led off with the Varvel cartoon I posted a couple days ago, and most of the rest are rather lame riffs on Egypt. I thought this one might appeal to the local crowd, though:
cartoons_02.jpg

And here's this week's entries:

cartoons_06.jpg

cartoons_04.jpg

Replace "Average American" with "Average member of any society" and I have to agree with that 100% :)

Replace "Average American" with "Average member of any society" and I have to agree with that 100% :)

Thats quite an assumption to make.

Back
Top Bottom