Risen Under volcano Map problem

Warmskin

Watcher
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

I am at the part (Chap. 3) where I am to go ahead and find another (I guess) drawbridge to let down so the Inquisitor can get in. I went under the volcano, used telekinesis on the first winch, went thru the volcano (talked to a couple guys on my way), found my way out to the 'valley' that the crazy guy (Jorgensen?) told me about and with 'Grok's' help (I think that was his name - I let him out of a cell) I went down the path outside to the Hunter's hut where Grok and I killed all the lizardmen's entire hunting party. I *think* that was a very long 'run-on' sentence. :-/ I took the map I had been looking for off of the leader. Grok says goodbye and good luck. I was instructed to get this map by one of the aforementioned guys I talked to earlier. It is a map of the complete area that I just went thru under the volcano. The problem is, when I go back to the volcano and enter back in (to the left of the waterfall), nothing inside the volcano seems to be 'synced up' with the map. My arrow representing my guy in no way shows where I am on the map. Nothing makes sense. Most of the time my arrow showing where I'm supposed to be is off the regular part of the map on the side in a blank spot. It is so off that at some points the map doesn't even display. I just get the blank brown screen when I hit the quests or map button. This map was supposed to help me get around under this volcano, but it's just confusing me totally. I'm better off not even trying to use it. Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Does it matter? Please help, but please, no spoilers on what's next… Thanks very much. Love this game. :thumbsup:

If you return to the drawbridge, there should be a winch on the right side too. You have to shrink yourself to get inside.

Thanks for your quick reply. Are you talking about the first drawbridge over the lava that you can barely see from the other side? That's the only one I've been to (the one down the path to the right while the Inq. and his men stay up on top). Please just yes or no. And respectfully, do you have an answer for my question about the map? Thanks again.

Yes, I meant the first drawbridge.

Concerning the map, it might be for another cave. If I remember correctly, the different caves overlap a bit. I used the ordinary map almost throughout the entire game, because I wasn't aware there was a quest map with quest markers. :)

Thanks for the help. All is going fine now. I didn't want anyone with the same problem that I had with this map to misunderstand the conversation: I indeed have the correct map for the area of which we speak. Once shown to the Inquisitor, the map becomes in 'sync' as it should be. It all makes sense now. Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom