Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Release Patch

No, but would you like Gothic 4 (Arcania) to be what Fallout 3 was to Fallouts?F3 may be a good game but it has absolutely nothing to do with F1&2 ,I'm afraid thats what Arcania would be to Gothic.

Nothing to do with f1 and f2? You play the game? If anything gothic needs a reboot after 3.

No, but would you like Gothic 4 (Arcania) to be what Fallout 3 was to Fallouts?F3 may be a good game but it has absolutely nothing to do with F1&2 ,I'm afraid thats what Arcania would be to Gothic.

Well, better a FO3 than a Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Hey, if you want to bash F3, please do it with intelligence :)

Back to theG3 addon - when you get a release patch with THAT kind of patch notes, you know it was not ready for release (and most probably still isn't)

My performance problems mostly fall away if I turn texture quality right down...

Hey, if you want to bash F3, please do it with intelligence :)

Back to theG3 addon - when you get a release patch with THAT kind of patch notes, you know it was not ready for release (and most probably still isn't)

Well i had no intension of bashing Fallout I guess it's my poor use of English that caused this misunderstanding.I believe F3 is a great game certainly not mediocre nor oblivion with guns.I enjoyed the game and believe it deserves all those high ratings it has been getting.I just believe it is not a Fallout 3 it could be named Fallout:East side or something like that.I believe Fallout 3 isnt a
continuity to Fallout 1 & 2 not to Oblivion its a great a game that is placed in the world of Fallout(Enclave,BoS,Nuke colla etc).

As for G3 addon i guess it will be up to the Community to fix this game.
This is certainly not a fresh start,I am not sure thought which game was shipped in worst condition Gothic 3 vanilla or Forsaken Bugs, this is the answer we need from Jowood.

Just installed the game... it freezes all the time eventhough I have a high end PC and video card.. its very anoying... any hints?

Just installed the game... it freezes all the time eventhough I have a high end PC and video card.. its very anoying... any hints?
yep, wait for a patch.A friend of mine has a PC that can run Crysis on ultra high but doesnt get more than 20fps in Gothic 3 FG cities.

Looks like a bug if it's what I'm seeing. Largely goes away with low texture quality...

....or lowering the resolution.Low texture quality can make the game look like shit but you'll have to do with that.I decided not to touch the game till Christmas maybe Santa can bring me a PATCH!!!

2nd patch

A 2nd Patch is available, fixing the problem with marc when you`ve got Theodors Artefact Quest, as well as fixing some other minor issues. The patch must be applied to a Forsaken Gods Version with Release Patch already installed. Savegames that were made with FSG + Release Patch remain working.

Link:

http://snorre.jowood.de/g3fsg/Setup_English106.exe

Some impressions: this game is horrendous. Maybe I didnt give it enough of a chance since I quit playing after about 30 minutes. Now despite the bugs and other issues, I loved Gothic 3 and played it several times and spent many hours on it. I was very excited to revisit the game and was extremely dissapointed.

No need to mention the bugs, those were well recorded by others. The dialogue is terrible! In the previous games the hero is a "whats-in-it-for-me, smart ass type" guy who can choose sides. Here, every dialogue option is a Lawful Good Paladin who refuses to do even consider doing anything morally questionable. But even that's not consistent. The next conversation gives an option: "ill go murder innocent bunnies and kittens for you now." It is literally as if the devs did not play a single minute of any Gothic game and just began making things up.

Second - combat is not improved, as they claim. Its identical, except its now broken. You now can't parry with the sword (at least I couldn't, maybe doing something wrong).

Maybe I will give it another try, but the initial reaction was so bad.

I was suprised positively :)

Second - combat is not improved, as they claim. Its identical, except its now broken. You now can't parry with the sword (at least I couldn't, maybe doing something wrong).

Maybe I will give it another try, but the initial reaction was so bad.

I have to say, that the combat is much better now, because endurance matters now. If your endurance goes down, you cannot attack. And npcs have now endurance too. So there is now a hint of strategic options in combat, you cannot no longer just hack-n-slash around endlessly, because you will run out of endurance.

My first impressions after 1 hour of gameplay were suprisingly quite good, though there were some issues.

+ Better combat (!)
+ Better graphics
+ No crashes! (patch 2 installed)
+ Smoother performance than in the original (atleast on my comp)
+ New content that seems ok...
- ...but not sure about it in long run.
- Too few quests (and NPCS with name)
- Dialog is a bit clunky (but not that horrible)
- Game balance (ex. too much loot!)
- Every idea seems to be copy-paste from original (start is the same, quests feels the same, no new skills and orc slayer at start!!)

Back
Top Bottom