Drakensang Vista 64

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Tried to install the game on a Vista 64 system and got a message the game was incompatible with the OS. Anyone know anything about this?

I have the gamersgate download version, and no problems here on vista64 either.

After a brief google I only managed to find a vague implication it might be a general direct2drive problem, and indeed googling direct2drive and that problem seems to return hits for a number of games. So if that's where you got it from maybe that's a lead.

Yes, but the first problem I had was the laptop not recognising there was a DvD in the drive. I wonder if it's connected with securom not liking my DvD player. I had no issues with my PC which runs XP 64, so it's not the disc!!

I have a coworker that said his virus protection was causing issues with the Drakensang demo. It wouldnt launch. It worked once he disabled it. I not sure thats helpful to you though.

No, no virus protection operating and it's the full game on DvD, not the Demo.

I think it has Securom, but I'm not sure.

I had a SecuROM problem with Drakensang on an old (very old!) DVD drive. It installs correctly. The check happens when you try to start the game. At least AFAIR.

Have you tried doing a right-click->properties on the installer exe and setting the compatibility mode to XP or something?

Accessing the installer.exe proved more than a challenge; the laptop refused to acknowledge the DvD even existed; it's a fairly new laptop and the official Drak release DvD!!

Back
Top Bottom