The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Just quick : New sale : 20 % off Hearts Of Wood - among other stuff.

My AA hasn't done much besides GF either, so that is a definite possibility. I have nothing around level 8.

I told Dte he has to sort us out for the session, as he has the Big Book.....I got the feeling he did not believe me..........but he better come bearing spread sheets for the hour he has to log on. muhahaha

I have consulted the stars and they foretell great things for our adventure. (I think I got that right, it's been too long since I did a Wiz8 run)

Will Aletys be joining us tonight? If so, that gives us pretty much one road to drive. Not that it's a problem in the slightest, just what it is. If not, then I'd recommend that y'all just continue on in the Vale. I'd assume someone would be willing to catch Wouldii up. It's looking like I'll be available Saturday afternoon and night, so the catchup might be possible fairly quickly, even.

Last edited:
Flerida has just confirmed to me she will be there. She now has a 7,6, and 3. I only have my new level 3 TR at any of those levels.

OOps, sorry, forgot that evening.

This evening I can't say when I'll be online - I'll be watching "Tubular Bells For Two" if things go right. ;)

Sorry about dc'ing earlier. Problem looks like inside wiring. Unfortunately, no contract. Temporary fix (long-a$$ telephone cord) for now, hopefully no problems tonight.

The new sales in the DDO store :

20 % off of some CReature Companions & their "treats" :

- Kobold Shaman
- Gargoyle
- Bat (I still don't own one named "Jo" :p )
- Cranium Rat
- Companion's Gear
- Companion Name Change

- Scorpion Companion
- Mephit Companion
are being re-released through May 17th - May 22th.

This week's "Free Item Of The Week" isn't free, but it is an discount at least :

May 17 - 22
40 TP Off All Hirelings
Use Coupon Code HIRE01
1 per Account

As usual, everything's here : http://www.ddo.com/en/store

Ive been doing Vale last few weeks and it looks like a pain to create your items. I also don't know what items to create. If anyone has tips I'd greatly appreciate it. So far I've just been collecting ingredients and trying to get elite favor for all quest...pretty easy when your level 25 shiradi sorc :p

There's a very convenient program for that. I'll link it up for you when I get home.

Hit point and spell point items are most popular by far. A Con-Op item (short for concordant opposition) gives a chance to regenerate HP and SP every time you get hit which can be quite useful. Raise dead or stoneskin clickies are pretty useful as well.

edit- http://www.inferussus.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1
I'm a little confused because I've got V3.6.1 and the website only shows 3.6.0. Don't know if that matters or not.

Last edited:
Flerida will not be with us friday. She has a graduation party arranged.

Ive been doing Vale last few weeks and it looks like a pain to create your items. I also don't know what items to create. If anyone has tips I'd greatly appreciate it. So far I've just been collecting ingredients and trying to get elite favor for all quest…pretty easy when your level 25 shiradi sorc :p

Have you considered making a new toon and play him / her up?

As a sorcerer I think you could want the following items.

* HP item. This is made in typically 2 ways.
1. Mineral II, 45 HP, +6 constitution skill, heavy fortification, +5 protection, stoneskin clickie

2. Stalemate II, 45 HP, +4 constitution skills, +2 strength skills, +6 wisdom, +10 diplomacy, +10 haggle, concordant opposition

* SP item. This is made in several ways. Here are just 2.
1. Stalemate II, Wizardry VI, +150 sp, +1 intelligence skills, +5 charisma skills, +6 wisdom, +10 diplomacy, +10 haggle, concordant opposition

2. Triple earth, Wizardry VI, +150 sp, +6 wisdom skills, summon dense earth elemental clickie, earth grab guard

Notice that if you craft 2 greensteel items you need to put an essence of cleansing on one of them. This item can only be obtained as an end reward from completing every 20th Shroud. Unless you expect to run the Shroud 20+ times I think getting the concordant opposition for hp and hp/sp regeneration is the best way to go.

If you know you will farm the Shroud I would go for a hp item with heavy fort and stoneskin clickie and a sp item with concordant opposition. Until you have run Shroud 20 times you can use the sp item just after resting and do buffs. Once you've buffed you swap to the hp item. This way you get the benefit from the extra 300 hp the sp item will give you and still use the hp item.

After the 20th Shroud run if you pick the essence of cleansing you can wear both items at the same time.

One thing you need to consider is WHICH item slots you want to use for the greensteel items. Before the epic levels people usually used goggles, cloaks and bracers for these items. After the epic levels it becomes different since you now get epic gear from commendations and quests. So you need to check where you have your epic gear and pick slots where you don't have anything epic. As far as I remember I think you don't get any cloaks with epic commendations so that can be a possible first slot.

I forgot to mention that if you go for mineral II (HP item) or stalemate II (conc opp item) you make a double shard item. Triple earth etc. are single shard items.

This means you need 2 supreme shards to make the double shard tier 3 item instead of the regular 1 supreme shard. With 2 supreme shards you also need twice the number of materials. That means you e. g. need 5 large devil scales instead of 3 large devil scales for the item. So expect to farm a lot to get all the materials you need.

Other guild members can probably help you with some of the materials you need like all tier 1 and tier 2 materials. For tier 3 materials I think you can easily arrowheads, bones and chains from others. We have lots of them laying around. The devil scales, sulfur stones and twisted shrapnel are rarer, but you might get some.

I propose you make a build plan using the Shroud Crafting tool that Dte linked to. It will tell you how many materials of each type you need. Then you check what you have and post what you need. Then some of us can trade with you for some when you're online with us.

Wow, thanks for the information. I have been playing with the crafting planner and it seems to create a tier 3 I'll be running around the vale for a very long time! You answered my other question of being able to wear 2 greensteel items. I am nowhere near running shroud 20 times. I think I've done it 3 times so far. Also I always pick the mystical plant as my end reward, don't know what it does yet but it has to be better then the junk equipment. I was going to make at least one greensteal item and then use the heart of wood to reincarnate. I've tried to create some other characters but I can't seem to run them without jumping back on my sorc. For some reason they bore me.

You seem to do well as a Sorc. :) It is a game, and we play to have fun. So TR into a Sorc if that is what you like the most. We won't beat you for it. hehe

The basic matts you might need for the GS crafting some of us might be able to help you with if you come up a few short. Shards are the problem, since bound. Post here or grab and ask. If we have them we will share.

@ All We have a few new members so if you can spare any junk you get, might remember to put it in the chest for them. Striding, featherfall, con items. I know most of use just sell them off.

Also I always pick the mystical plant as my end reward, don't know what it does yet but it has to be better then the junk equipment.
It's a special crafting item. Not a terribly good one, though. The mystical urn (necro) makes greater false life shards and the mystical goblet (threnal) makes heavy fort shards. Those are the biggies. The others aren't all that great. I've hoarded a few of each "mystical whatever" over time just in case, but I don't think I've actually used a single one. Actually, if you're tracking your recipes, you'll probably find yourself short on the ingredients for your blank (glistening pebbles, chipmunk funk, and soforth). Rather than re-run the flagging quests half a hundred times, I'll often take those as my Shroud reward. Careful tracking of what you've got and what you need to build your item is highly recommended to save frustration.

I, of course, have a spreadsheet for that. :)

Mystical plant is needed for a Harry beater. I'm looking at that now actually. That means you make a +5 holy burst silver weapon of greater evil bane (or greater lawful bane). Harry is the boss pitfiend in the Shroud.

You need to do the Vale quests to get the materials to make the greensteel blank. You need to do the Shroud numerous times to get the materials and shards for tier 1, 2 and 3 upgrades. We can help you with most materials. What we can't help you with are the shards so make sure you pick up the shard of power (for tier 1), greater shard of power (tier 2) and supreme shard of power (tier 3). Often they're up for roll at different parts of the raid. So make sure you roll for the shards every time you have a chance.

Peter puts more value into Harry beaters than most, probably because he runs the Shroud about 3 times a day. ;)

Back
Top Bottom