What was your first car?

1966_mustang.jpg

I miss her….

Nice! I had a 67 coupe, but it wasnt my first.

3 speed on the floor 289, so much room in the engine compartment you could fit another engine in there practically.

Nice. Manual steering? Mine had a C4 auto (only auto car I ever owned), 2 barrel Holly carb, Power steering, AC. Car was an import from Cali and it still had factory smog equipment on it. It did NOT have the turn signal hood unfortunately, and i wish it was a 4spd.

Yep, manual. LOL! It was a bit of a workout at low speeds. Parallel parking was like calisthenics for the forearms. ;)

Mine didn't have the turn signal hood either. It did have a dealer installed AC unit under the dash. It was quite the funky little beast.

Last edited:
Don't worry Korplem! By the time you're as old as us your car will be a classic too! :D

My parental handdown was an 82 Celica Supra. Nice ride, all things considered. The first car bought with my own money was a shiny new 92 Saturn SL2. I loved that car. Never had a hint of problems with it. Had to trade it in on a minivan when the twins were on the way. :(

Korp, I'm only a couple years more ancient, and I've owned a '73 Dodge, a '53 Studebaker, and a '69 Dodge as far as real old cars go. Got an '82 Datsun that's a classic now, according to the state (I can get perm tags for her).

I almost bought a '66 Plymouth Fury, though I decided at the last second I couldn't afford fuel. It had a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. ;)

Back
Top Bottom