The Witcher - Review @ Strategy Informer

The ARPG thing I dismiss. There's an equal amount of combat in the majority of "old fashioned" RPGs I've played.

He probably meant its an ARPG cause of the fact that you improve your success in combat by clicking at right incriments.

The only complaint about witcher from what I've heard about it, that I could raise, would be that it's an ARPG (and a somewhat limited game mechanics system) rather than a truly good old fashioned CRPG...

The reviews and posts that I've read seem to say that the combat isn't that bad, it's nothing to rave over but better than most games. The biggest complaint that I've read, both here and reviews, is the voice acting and the English script being cut to shreds. It's currently being discussed here http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3115

and I hope there is a way to put the original English script into the game.

Since I haven't played it though (it's going to be here Saturday :):):):)) I can't really say if the voice or script is as bad as they say.

@skaven, it's only bad compared to what it could be, not compared to the "industry standard."

Thing is, there's an enormous amount of depth, subtlety, complexity, and humor in the story -- and when it's told in normal-videogame-standard English, it jars. This game deserves writing as good as VtM:B's, but unfortunately the translation... isn't.

Why don't these places PAY to get a decent English script written. I'm sure it would lead to increased sales and MORE than pay for itself!!

Back
Top Bottom