So where's this ignore button?

lackblogger

SasqWatch
I would like to put someone on ignore for the first time in my entire forum'ing life.

Really, I don't want to read a single thing they write ever again. I don't want to even be tempted to engage them by a single word I might see in passing.

But I can't find the button.

Please, where exactly is the 'ignore user' button?

Click the profile name, then "View Public Profile" and then "User Lists" - then "Add to Ignore List".

Under settings and options on your profile page you will see edit ignore list.

It's not as useful as you might think though. It will still show placeholder for ignored persons posts and you will still see them quoted whenever someone replies to them.

It's better than nothing, thanks for the info :)

This is a genuine question but do you actually need ignore button to really ignore someone? Or is it more of emotional response?

I can easily scroll over a posts/posters very easily so I never had to use the ignore button in any forums. This is why I am wondering.

This is a genuine question but do you actually need ignore button to really ignore someone? Or is it more of emotional response?

I can easily scroll over a posts/posters very easily so I never had to use the ignore button in any forums. This is why I am wondering.

I need the ignore function, personally, as I have a hard time controlling my compulsion to reply to certain posts.

It's more of a personal weakness than anything else, I suppose.

That said, I never ignore people because I don't "like them" - as I don't really operate with that kind of concept online. I don't take things personally at all.

I've honestly never known anyone so addicted to personal insults and insinuation. Really, never. I tried scrolling past, but it doesn't work. Maybe when the guy runs out of 'entertainment' and chooses to crap-up everything you ever post you'll understand. Maybe you'll be lucky, maybe he'll find you too boring to bother with.

Quicklink to ignorelist:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Yes you need the button. You can't really ignore someone without it.
Of course it's an emotional response. We're not robots.

Lucky you. I can't. I guess there are others who can't too.

I feel like I've just gone on holiday to a large and open nature reserve - able to breathe deeply and freely! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

I kinda like the theatrical nature of this question, though. I mean, as if it's actually hard to find the ignore function :)

Maybe I should consider charging for this service - seeing as how people seek public support to share this level of frustration.

I could get nasty and create a new profile just to quote myself in lackblogger and joxer threads.

Then again, I'm much too kind for that sort of thing - and I've already created a thread dedicated to bashing me ;)

Personally, I sometimes forget to read who posted what I'm responding to and I end up dragged into pointless arguments I would prefer to avoid.

I've honestly never known anyone so addicted to personal insults and insinuation. Really, never. I tried scrolling past, but it doesn't work. Maybe when the guy runs out of 'entertainment' and chooses to crap-up everything you ever post you'll understand. Maybe you'll be lucky, maybe he'll find you too boring to bother with.

I think its safe to say DArtagnan crap-up everyone post once in a while regardless of whether he finds them boring or not! However at that point he goes in to my mental ignore and that's the end of matter for me. So I don't really hold much grudges against him etc. For example, you and him were having a debate in that Nintendo thread and I wasn't really interested so both of you went into my mental ignore for that thread and I was able to read other posts etc without much issue.

Anyway I am not against ignore buttons etc I was really curious behinds people thought process and that's all :)

Personally, I sometimes forget to read who posted what I'm responding to and I end up dragged into pointless arguments I would prefer to avoid.

Ah that's very good point I have not considered for ignore button :lol:

I do a variation of that.

I'm very good with words and names, so I rarely confuse people based on their names.

However, I do sometimes confuse people based on their Avatars - and I've replied to the wrong person more than once, because they were using images with similar colors or what not :)

I think its safe to say DArtagnan crap-up everyone post once in a while regardless of whether he finds them boring or not! However at that point he goes in to my mental ignore and that's the end of matter for me. So I don't really hold much grudges against him etc. For example, you and him were having a debate in that Nintendo thread and I wasn't really interested so both of you went into my mental ignore for that thread and I was able to read other posts etc without much issue.

Anyway I am not against ignore buttons etc I was really curious behinds people thought process and that's all :)

Exactly, he made you ignore me by him making me respond to him. He dragged me down with him, and that's what I object to mostly, death by association.

…However, I do sometimes confuse people based on their Avatars - and I've replied to the wrong person more than once, because they were using images with similar colors or what not :)

A Message to all of you: The Tardis is mine. MINE! ALL MINE!!!!

pibbur who would like to be number 13. The doctor ignores nobody.

For some reason, nobody has ever tried to steal my forum avatar. In fact, I've had a few people tell me that the image disturbs them in some way and they can no longer eat peanuts :S

For some reason, nobody has ever tried to steal my forum avatar. In fact, I've had a few people tell me that the image disturbs them in some way and they can no longer eat peanuts :S

Haha, well all this time I assumed its child's face with beard but now I note that its actually peanut with a child's face :lol:

Exactly, he made you ignore me by him making me respond to him. He dragged me down with him, and that's what I object to mostly, death by association.

What is the saying goes? Don't argue with a troll since they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience ;)

Sorry man, don't feel bad about it, but it just doesn't look trollish enough to use it on Bioware and Sims forums. :D
TheMadGamer's one however… Tempting.

Back
Top Bottom