Gothic 3 graphics glitch or maybe not

tp555

Watcher
Had to post this.I went into the castle in faring. I see a slave walking in with neon green shorts. The other slaves are usual drab colored clothes. I thought my vid card
was acting up, but no. When I left the castle again there was the neon wearing slave walking back. I didn't think of a screenie. It was a WTF moment. I'll have to go back and see if i can find this slave again.regards.

Might have been Saint Patricks Day when you visited!! :)

have you noticed any other neon green textures. this can often be a sign of your graphics card running a bit hot though usually that is not just confined to one texture/object.
also is did you ever have the demo installed on your computer? that has given many people texture problems.

No demo. No artifacts. Stock vid card no OC'ing in winter weather.Vid card is evga
7800gs.2 gig sys ram,xpsp2. amd64 3000. Offline game box.No crashes or problems.
Patched 1.12. I'll get a screenie next time.regards.

Noticed a similar effect on Aila while she was doing her dance. I think it has something to do with shader model. With version 2.0 various graphical glitches seemed to exist. I didn't know this was the reason at first, but when I switched to version 3.0 these anomalies disappeared. Try it, if your card supports it.

that would explain it.I am using sm2 for some more fps. Sm3 works with the vid card,
but i am not using it. I get 15 fps in some cities otherwise 30 fps or more elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom