Watched the latest Star Wars trilogy ...

Not sure what your point is in regards to it being the same actor. The voice had a distinctly different tone to me - I would suspect some audio post processing at work. I've seen episode 7 twice in a week and all 6 of the earlier films this week and the difference was noticeable to me. Given that I haven't read much about it, it is possible it could be something that I am imagining but I won't be convinced till I get it on blu ray and can do some real analysis ;)

Same actor - nothing has changed except 40 years. Maybe you should have your ears checked. :)

For me the gap between 4 & 7 is light-years apart. The characters, the emotion, the drama, the then originality and subsequent genuine fear of the death star, etc. Episode 5 may be 10/10, but I'd have episode 4 up there with a 9/10 at least.

I also think episode 6 is a cracking film, with a brilliant intro and superb ending, it's just that middle bit which lets it down a tad.

you must be kidding. the acting in the first movie is ham fisted at best. these were two young actors and a carpenter giving it all they've got!

I mean, Fischer and Hammill were just kids - not sure why Ford got into acting. Hindsight gives us Fischer's bi-polar disorder now and Hammill has definitely got better as each film went along - he's one of the top voice actors in animation now.

Same actor - nothing has changed except 40 years. Maybe you should have your ears checked. :)

you must be kidding. the acting in the first movie is ham fisted at best. these were two young actors and a carpenter giving it all they've got!

I mean, Fischer and Hammill were just kids - not sure why Ford got into acting. Hindsight gives us Fischer's bi-polar disorder now and Hammill has definitely got better as each film went along - he's one of the top voice actors in animation now.

I love it lol. Guinness adds more weight and depth in half a movie than any of the post 80's films, and the naive kiddishness of the other actors compliments that great IMO. It just helps highlight the gap between old and new, experience and raw enthusiasm, and makes that whole invincible youth feeling more prominent.

Have to say, I think that the best thing about the new movie is the new actors. They captured that vibe superbly too.

Last edited:
Episode 4: 7/10. 6/10 if your watching the special edition with the cgi jabba and new fx.

Obviously you didn't see it in theaters ... Or if you did you weren't old enough to use your own money and therefore have some sort of context of what you were experiencing. Not quibbling with scores of anything ... Just an observation, because scoring it low indicates a lack of understanding of context and importance.

I'd take the prequels over TFA any. day. of. the . week.

Funny article

May the remorse be with you: Star Wars creator George Lucas apologizes for comparing Disney to 'white slavers' after slamming The Force Awakens

- George Lucas said he and Disney went their separate ways after it became clear they didn't want his input
- He compared the $4bn sale of his Star Wars movies to selling his 'kids to the white slavers'
- Franchise creator said Disney more concerned about making a 'retro' movie to please fans than staying true to his sci-fi 'soap opera'
- Lucas said he treated selling off the Star Wars movies as like going through a 'break-up' which was 'very, very hard'​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amming-retro-Force-Awakens.html#ixzz3vzkOcfsK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Only pussies apologize to Disney

Only pussies apologize to Disney

Jeez, enough already! First, double posts are bad forum etiquette. Please stop. There is an edit button if you have additional thoughts. Four in a row is just rude.

Also, we get it.

rolf calm dawn flower.... you gonna cry to moma now or what

You don't know what rude means

unfortunately ignoring a user is pointless, because when the tone of a website becomes ugly it affects the whole conversation

rolf calm dawn flower…. you gonna cry to moma now or what

No - I am pointing out common forum etiquette. Please demonstrate the basic intelligence and common respect for others to obey that.

I am sure that based on your lack of intelligence and understanding of basic concept you will instead launch you 50th or so personal attack in the last few days, which purely reflect on how small-minded you are and how well you fit into the demonstrably less intelligent and poorly educated conservative political realm that thrives on low-brain rejection of difference instead of actual critical thought processes required to understand subtlety and context.

All of which is fine - you have quite elaborately demonstrated you limited faculties, so I will simply avoid expectations of any sort of intelligent discourse.

I just request that when you want to post multiple times in a row, you utilize the 'edit' function. I will be happy to show you how this works, as will some of the other higher functioning life forms on the forum.

That's the problem when you read something - he was just talking hyperbole and it went off. He was never happy his prequels were so panned.

I am curious to what the third trilogy was meant to be. Meeting the characters 20-30 years later was definitely the idea.

Y'now he had an alternate sequel in mind for the first movie. He never expected to have the money to make Empire.

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-sequel-that-never-happened/

Obviously you didn't see it in theaters … Or if you did you weren't old enough to use your own money and therefore have some sort of context of what you were experiencing. Not quibbling with scores of anything … Just an observation, because scoring it low indicates a lack of understanding of context and importance.

I did not see ANH in the theatres in its first run (I was about 5 at the time) but I saw it as a double feature with Empire a couple of years later the night empire premiered and then I saw the special edition in it's initial theatre run as well. 7/10 is a good movie for me not a low score. I certainly don't rate movies based on their context, I rate them purely on how good a movie they are (Story, characters, effects etc). For instance I wouldn't rate the first movie to use a new pioneering technique any higher than the second.

I watch roughly 6 movies a week (some of them are often repeats) and I've been doing that for about 30 odd years and there are less than a hand full of movies I would classify as 10/10 and probably none of them have come out in the last 10 years. 7/10 is a movie I would happily watch multiple times, especially when it is part of a trilogy which has two of my favourite movies of all time.

Last edited:
I did not see ANH in the theatres in its first run (I was about 5 at the time) but I saw it as a double feature with Empire a couple of years later the night empire premiered and then I saw the special edition in it's initial theatre run as well. 7/10 is a good movie for me not a low score. I certainly don't rate movies based on their context, I rate them purely on how good a movie they are (Story, characters, effects etc). For instance I wouldn't rate the first movie to use a new pioneering technique any higher than the second.

I watch roughly 6 movies a week (some of them are often repeats) and I've been doing that for about 30 odd years and there are less than a hand full of movies I would classify as 10/10 and probably none of them have come out in the last 10 years. 7/10 is a movie I would happily watch multiple times, especially when it is part of a trilogy which has two of my favourite movies of all time.

Out of interest, what are some of the movies you would rate 10/10?

Out of interest, what are some of the movies you would rate 10/10?

In the same genre: Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Blade runner, Alien/Aliens, Wrath of Khan/First Contact, Matrix 1, and maybe a couple of others I have forgotten about. They are the movies I will never forget and end up watching 10+ times.

Back
Top Bottom