Puzzle Quest: CotW - PC Demo released!

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Infinite Interactive released a demo for the PC in preparation for their upcoming genre mix on NDS & PSP. The small download -only 34 MB- can be found at GameDaily .

More information.

The demo was okay. Wonder if there will be separate PC version released later then?

The gameplay of PuzzleQuest reminds a lot like older puzzle games that can be found on the internet except the way PuzzleQuest includes elements from rpgs. I found the story pretty standard stuff. Hopefully it just didn't get to evolve in the demo and is enough to carry the player through the game in the full version. But that's wish thinking. Some people will hate the anime look, but for a DS and PSP game it isn't anything out of the norm.

But it's interesting to try a rpg with totally different type of combat. Not the same old mandatory third person hack 'n slash.

A PC version has always been in the works (if the PC demo is any sign) and will follow soon. I believe that the game would be better on a computer as opposed to the DS or PSP version :) Minus the play as you go option that a handheld console offers!

Shame, I all forgot about the 'Warlords' series after Warlords II, and then this! And being a Diamond Mine/Bejeweled/Chuzzle etc. addict plus a fan of manga, I'm still having fun with the demo. In just one day, Puzzle Quest advanced to No. 1 one my 'most wanted games' list... and when I searched their website, I discovered their other upcoming game 'Galactrix' (more of the same concept in a SF setting)... I can't wait!

I have just started the PSP version, which has a known bug, will let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom