What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't put in some kind of delay for the Tribunal quest for those who have it installed from the beginning. The constant assassination attempts are really annoying, and it allows you to get Dark Brotherhood gear right away which, iirc, seemed a little overpowered at the start.

That's why I'll be including this mod the next time I play Morrowind.

It's still not as bad as the billion "You've got an add-on! Go here to start it!" messages you get every time you start a new character in later games. I usually just go talk to the guy in Ebonheart after the first attack, but a mod's a better fix.

Played a bit of Shadowrun Dragonfall DC - and had some fun. I wanted to create a character that's good at Etiquette, but it seems I have to be a Shaman for that to make sense. That's pissing me off a bit.

Played Grimrock 2 with my brother all saturday, and that was great fun. Much better than the first game when it comes to character builds.

Then I spent most of my sunday trying to mod Skyrim to a proper state, but of course I ended up being too greedy with my mods, meaning I finally broke it again. This happens to me every time. I want more and more detail and complexity, and I always end up breaking something.

Does anyone have any tips regarding how to properly mod Skyrim? I should be using Mod Organizer, I guess.

Also, is there a way to use Realvision ENB - or any of the others - without breaking performance?

Played a bit of Shadowrun Dragonfall DC - and had some fun. I wanted to create a character that's good at Etiquette, but it seems I have to be a Shaman for that to make sense. That's pissing me off a bit.

Nah, I played a rigger/decker with high int and charisma.... It's pretty doable since the game.

There are only a few missions where it get a bit trickier.

I've *finally* got around installing DDO.... I haven't created a character yet, but I'm on Khyber. Once I get used to everything and if I enjoy the game, I will contact someone for the guild invite :) Very busy with work at the moment, so I don't think it's going to happen right away (will be away all week on business trip next week).

Other than that, always messing around with D3... probably the only game I have time to play lately :(

Doing a mix... The re-release of Shadow Warrior which is quite amusing. After the recent buzz over D:OS2 and because I keep hearing it's better than the base game I've loaded up my old save and started Divinity2 Flames of Vengeance. I left off the game at the start of the expansion about 18 months ago with a level 33 Battlemage type character. Still getting the hang of it again but already enjoying the tongue in cheek tone and the attitude of the various necromancer characters.

-kaos

I've *finally* got around installing DDO…. I haven't created a character yet, but I'm on Khyber. Once I get used to everything and if I enjoy the game, I will contact someone for the guild invite :) Very busy with work at the moment, so I don't think it's going to happen right away (will be away all week on business trip next week).

Other than that, always messing around with D3… probably the only game I have time to play lately :(
Whenever you're ready, purple, just drop a post into either the Team Corwin thread (in off-topic) or the RPGWatch Guild thread (in MMO). We'll need your character name and we'll get the invite sent out.

Just have finished the Fallen: A2P Protocol/, The game's really okay. Liked it more then recent x-coms. Only thing that kills half the fun is targeting.

Then I spent most of my sunday trying to mod Skyrim to a proper state, but of course I ended up being too greedy with my mods, meaning I finally broke it again. This happens to me every time. I want more and more detail and complexity, and I always end up breaking something.

Does anyone have any tips regarding how to properly mod Skyrim? I should be using Mod Organizer, I guess.

Also, is there a way to use Realvision ENB - or any of the others - without breaking performance?

There are some tools to make modded Skyrim more stable, but I don't know enough about them to really offer any advice. The Nexus community is probably the best place to ask.

I think I'm going to drop Borderlands Pre-Sequel if it doesn't improve soon. Some aspects of the series have stayed just this side of the line, and this one's on the other side at the moment.

Still playing Alien: Isolation and enjoying it, but there are definitely some bullshit parts.

I just spent about 40 tension-filled minutes avoiding the Xeno in a certain area, only to fall to my death because I apparently didn't hit the buttons fast enough in some kind of QTE scene. :mad:

There are some tools to make modded Skyrim more stable, but I don't know enough about them to really offer any advice. The Nexus community is probably the best place to ask.

Yeah, I've checked out a few guides - but they seem too daunting. Well, probably it's more accurate to say I'm too lazy :)

Instead, I've started to create a list of games that I want to check out - in the hopes of finding something that will keep my attention.

Seems my attention span is even shorter than normal, which is pretty bad.

Played and enjoyed:

Max Payne 3

Really quite excellent as a straight-forward no-brain TP shooter. The set pieces are strong and the feel is great. Story is typical Rockstar, meaning it's mildly entertaining with less insightful sarcasm than it seems to think it has.

That said, I don't care for the setting much. I loved the Noir-style of the old Max Payne games, and I don't think it was a good approach for a sequel.

Lands of Lore 3

I remember I quit this game in disgust back upon release, because it was so obviously not a true Westwood game. Watered down, silly and streamlined.

Ironically, it's from a time when RPGs were relatively complex and somewhat challenging, so even a watered down example like this can have a few nice moments.

I got it up and running in high resolution and 3DFX emulation, and it's fully playable and sort of quirky fun. I might just play it for real.

Fallout 2 with Restoration mod

Always loved the mechanics in the old Fallout games. It's got everything I want in terms of character progression and the combat system is entertaining.

But I'm not a big fan of the setting - as it's so depressing. Also, I can already detect "Obsidian" style writing - which means it's less engaging than it's cerebral and "well-written".

I don't know what it is about this style of writing. It feels like you're having a conversation with a huge fan of Academia who's never had an original thought of his own.

You know the type?

Tron 2.0 with Killer App mod

I always heard so many great things about this game. I finally got it running in a proper resolution - and it's looking pretty good.

I like Tron a lot, but that's mostly down to nostalgia.

Still, I remember loving almost all the old Monolith shooters - so I expect this might be worth playing all the way through.

If only they'd do a proper AvP game again :)

System Shock Infinite

Heard this was THE fan mission mod for System Shock 2. So, I had to check it out.

Hmmm, not sure what to say.

I expected a new location, but it seems to be set in the exact same levels as the original. As in, the Von Braun and Rickenbacker.

So, it's really just a bunch of level-changes and a really strange story about alternate realities.

Not sure I'll bother, TBH.

Star Wars - Force Unleashed

I always kinda liked this game. The story seemed relatively interesting and very Star Wars-ish.

It looks pretty good still, and with the 60 FPS unlocker and running in a proper resolution, it's working for me.

That said, it's not exactly thrilling.

Skyforge

The MMO that I believe Obsidian helped out on.

Looks and feels great, but it's so obviously hampered by the F2P model. They're locking classes behind pay/play walls and none of the "free" ones interest me.

Also, it seems more like a straight-up action RPG than a meaty MMO.

Probably won't be playing this one.

Starpoint Gemini 2

I never really play this kind of game when there's no coop multiplayer, but I learned that it has a story so I thought I'd check it out.

Looks ok, but also a bit clunky.

It feels slightly like Freelancer, which is a good thing - but the combat doesn't feel very good to me.

Most likely won't bother at length.

Yeah, I've checked out a few guides - but they seem too daunting. Well, probably it's more accurate to say I'm too lazy :)

Heh, well, that's a bit part of why I only run a few mods myself. :p

But I'm not a big fan of the setting - as it's so depressing. Also, I can already detect "Obsidian" style writing - which means it's less engaging than it's cerebral and "well-written".

I don't know what it is about this style of writing. It feels like you're having a conversation with a huge fan of Academia who's never had an original thought of his own.

You know the type?

I live and work in academia, so… nope, never met anyone like that in my life!

I know what you mean. Obsidian puts a lot more thought and care into the world of their games, but the writing can come across as a bit pretentious.

And Starpoint Gemini, I've played around with that a few times and it's not really grabbed me yet. I basically want a modern, more open Freelancer, and that's not what it is.

I know what you mean. Obsidian puts a lot more thought and care into the world of their games, but the writing can come across as a bit pretentious.

I usually call their writing pretentious, but I've recently come to the conclusion that that's not really my problem with it.

It's more that it's "style over substance". As in, it has the feeling of great depth and subtlety, but it's really just over-written and quite needlessly opaque. When you come right down to it, I find most of their material rather dull.

Still, they have a ton of fans - so it might just be me.

Well, based on the other thread I reinstalled Gothic 3 last night and tried to start playing ... but the mouse wouldn't properly control movement and the game wouldn't attack for me - pretty important in the opening scene! Ended up installing the Community Patch which took care of that for me.

Got in an hour or so ... gorgeous game still, really love being back - now to divide time between NWN and G3!

I'm tackling Styg's game, Underrail. It has the look of Fallout 2; it even looks best at lower resolutions like 1024X768! Unless I'm missing something, this looks like a fairly short game. I'm only basing that on the number of locations though, so it could be longer.

It has a ton of stats for the folks like HiddenX and Fluent. Very simplistic graphics, but they're clear. It gives me a Geneforge vibe, to be honest. No magic, but there are three types of psionics, so you have magic-like abilities. I'm going with a female rogue type as my first character as I love finding the hidden goodies.

Tron 2.0 is turning out even better than I expected. It's almost like a System Shock light. Lots of neat little touches.

Tron 2.0 is turning out even better than I expected. It's almost like a System Shock light. Lots of neat little touches.

Love Tron 2.0 ... Definitely better than the latest movie 😃

I've given up on Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. It's an interesting setting, some of the powers seem cool, and the characters interact with the world a bit more, but the level and encounter design is just too poor. It's the kind of game that might be better in multiplayer, but as a single-player game it's just too tedious.

I was still in a mood for that sort of gameplay, so I went back to Borderlands 2, tried a gunzerker for a while before settling back into a siren. I've got a lot of travelling coming up, so I'm holding off on the Morrowind expansions until that's done. This should keep me going in the meantime.

I've also started playing Pool of Radiance. It's still quite playable for such an old game, but I really miss some of the later additions to the game engine. Some things are way more work than they should be, but I'm sure I'll get used to them once I get going. It's great to be back in Phlan after all this time. :)

Playing Knights of the old Republic Two the past week or more. I like it a good deal, seems to be a fair amount of choice and consequence, which I really like in a game. I'm not a huge fan of the Star Wars universe per se, but I'm enjoying this one more than the first one, which I played maybe two years ago.

Little bit of Eye of the Beholder mixed in with Gothic 3 and NWN ... mostly Gothic 3. Forgot how much I love this one as I tend to just always replay Gothic 2. :)

I've started Skyrim again, with all the quest and location mods by Thirteen Oranges. He's a prolific modder but I've only dabbled in his stuff in the past.

Hey 'nut,

His mods are are available only on Workshop, right ? No Nexus ?

Back
Top Bottom