Deus Ex: MD - Release Date: February 23

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be released on February 23rd, 2016 - pre-ordering will give you rewards:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will launch on February 23rd, 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC! Pre-order now to choose your own rewards and help release the game early, with Augment your Pre-Order.

Taking place in Prague, the ‘Desperate Measures’ extra in-game mission has you playing as Adam Jensen, returning to the epicenter of the Ruzicka train station explosion that recently rattled the city to its very core. With tampered security footage hampering the investigation behind the attack, you must rely on both your augmentations, and skills as a covert operative, in order to unveil the true culprit responsible for the bombing.
More information.

I will preorder but not before next year.
Currently preorder is not available on Steam, but only in Square Enix store.

As for tier 1 rewards, the intruder grants 2 EMP grenades which is IMO the best option of them three in the world of "machines".

As for tier 1 rewards, the intruder grants 2 EMP grenades which is IMO the best option of them three in the world of "machines".

It also has the better weapon deal, unless they nerfed the pistol a lot in MD.

I will also wait for a Steam pre-order, I'm not interested in the collector edition.

I'm glad that they waited till next year. MD probably wouldn't do well against Fallout 4, so waiting is a good thing for everyone.

I don't think FO4 was the reason for that release date.

Also, it doesn't need to go well against FO4. FO4, if will continue in FO3 footsteps and not FO1/2 will be a storyless grinder, something DX games never were. It needs to go well against another nongrinding storyheavy hybrid - and that'll hopefully be ME4.

It was set for a early 2016 release before Fallout 4 was announced, so I doubt it had much to do with that competition.

Understood. I knew that as well; I'm just glad that they're not in the same release window. Believe it or not, some people won't be able to afford both games at the same time, so the 3 month gap is good.

Usome people won't be able to afford both games at the same time
Both? As both? Just two?
I hoped that 2016. will be the year that we'd call the clash of sci fi RPG titans. Sadly, releases span to two years. And is not just two titles to choose between. Hopefully I didn't forget something:

end of 2015:
- Fallout 4

2016:
- XCom 2
- Technomancer
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Mass Effect 4

2017:
- Elex
- Consortium 2
- Cyberpunk 2077 (maybe)

I've been looking a bit closer to that pre-order stuff and I'm not sure I get it. Would it be easier to just give the same package to everyone instead of letting them choose?

I've been looking a bit closer to that pre-order stuff and I'm not sure I get it. Would it be easier to just give the same package to everyone instead of letting them choose?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Everything should be rolled in, or they should make it a single boost that's selectable at new game creation (almost like a character perk). The latter would be easier to balance, certainly. But making it part of your commercial package choice is a little bizarre.

The pre-purchase are now up on Steam.

edit: Now that I can log into my square account, the Intruder and Enforcer pack have gold weapons and gold inlay on armor/trench coat. lol Now exactly my style.

What what what??! This will be ready so soon? Why was I thinking when they announced it that it would be 2017 or even later. Hooray!!

(With the understanding that overblown expectations can lead to a big disappointment.)

wtf is this, are they serious? how can u support this marketing crap, i would be ashamed if i preordered after seeing this

Do the plethora of 2s and 3s have anything to do with the Illuminati conspiracy theory?

I don't get the pre-order outrage found on the web around this game. I don't get why Square didn't just make a single pre-order package, but I fail to see where is the evil in letting the customer choose what he wants.

What I see is them responding to DX:HR's criticisms as well:
- the gear DLC were matched to certain retailers.
- the bonus mission was only available with a specific gear DLC (that you know is matched to certain retailers).

Here you get to pick the gear DLC that you want and everyone gets the bonus mission. The "holding hostage" is meaningless, we don't know the requirements for unlock Square is just going to unlock them when they see fit.

What's the point of having different gear sets though? It should just be one set that's included if you preorder.

They only made different sets so they can sell them as cheap DLC after the game is released.

I'm personally going with last minute change to the pre-order campaign, Rise of the Tomb Raider also has three DLC sets (which make Laura either hardier, stealthier or deadlier according to their description which isn't far off the description of the sets for DX:MD) as pre-order incentive but they are split by retailers instead of letting the players choose.

I don't think my position on DLC and exploiting the consumer like this is a secret :)

That said, I never confuse the marketing schemes with the actual developer or the game itself.

This looks even better than the last one, so I'll just ignore this crap and most likely get all DLC as cheap as possible. Obviously, they don't want me to buy directly from Steam or similar places and so I'll oblige.

Back
Top Bottom