What rpg do you play right now?

souha13

Sentinel
And would you recommend it?

I'm playing Mass Effect. Kind of similar to Kotor games but without Jedis. I'm a tad dissapointed though since it got so high reviews.

Pro:
Polished
Unique scifi world
Lots of npc interaction

Cons:
The world isn't always very believable. Especially when it comes
to moving around in cities. Feels a bit empty and npc interaction
isn't very fullfilling most of the time (excluding Wrex).
Pistols just ain't as fun as swords.
Equipment management is confusing and very substandard in terms
of variety and excitement.

Overall score: 75% (so far)

Doesn't this belong under wich games am I playing in the non - topic forum?

Nevertheless:
I was playing guild wars but I picked up again on g3 and am continuing my play as a mage at the side of the orcs/beliar.

I also need to finish the witcher for the first time (after I complete G3) but I will start over and begin from scrap with the downloaded EE

Neverwinter Nights 2 (playing through OC + MotB), Gothic 3 and.. Fable: TLC! I know, I know, I should be ashamed, but from time to time I need to play something that doesn't test my patience in any way - a light weight game I can play for an hour or two when I get home from work. Also, I like how you can mix'n match with magic, ranged weapons and melee in Fable - using magic to enhance the other skills (multishot, multihit, slow time, etc). I've always enjoyed that more than being pure melee, pure archer or pure mage. I completed Fable: TLC several times when it got out, and now I'm doing my first re-runs.. actually enjoying it quite a bit. :)

Lost odyssey. It looks great but I have fallen asleep the three times I tried to play so far.
I play MonstersGame recently, a browser-based rpg.
Did anyone lol at this? Nicely put add.

Im doing much better now with the LO. Its actually kind of good if youre just not playing it as too tired. Suppose to be xbox360 best jrpg. Sofar I have seen only little of combat, but much of stories, dialogue and exploration (of town).

Last edited:
Temple of the Elemental Evil
I think this game is good but lacks in dialogues and story. There is great turn based combat system, you can use very different tactics (it's more complicated than in most cRPGs). Though, like I said, the dialogues are short, with not much choices (if any). Story isn't also very interesting - you have to destroy the evil. This game is worth of playing only if you want good combat and nothing more.

And would you recommend it?

I'm playing Mass Effect. Kind of similar to Kotor games but without Jedis. I'm a tad dissapointed though since it got so high reviews.

Pro:
Polished
Unique scifi world
Lots of npc interaction

Cons:
The world isn't always very believable. Especially when it comes
to moving around in cities. Feels a bit empty and npc interaction
isn't very fullfilling most of the time (excluding Wrex).
Pistols just ain't as fun as swords.
Equipment management is confusing and very substandard in terms
of variety and excitement.

Overall score: 75% (so far)

Playing King's Bounty now (for the second time). Overall score: 85%

i've just finished Gothic3 and now am contemplating on whether to play Vtm:Bloodlines since i've not much time to spare. however i'm keeping busy with sam & max season 2.

still plugging away at Baldur's Gate, now cruising around the BG sewers stomping out fires. Great game, still having a good time w/ it, but i just dont have much time to invest right now so i havent gotten it done yet. Eager to get it done tho so i can start on BG2, never played that one and it's been on my shelf for years!

still plugging away at Baldur's Gate, now cruising around the BG sewers stomping out fires. Great game, still having a good time w/ it, but i just dont have much time to invest right now so i havent gotten it done yet. Eager to get it done tho so i can start on BG2, never played that one and it's been on my shelf for years!

I'm thinking on trying Icewind Dale. Initially, years ago, I tried it but dismissed it after a few hours, since it didn't have the depth and inter-character interactions as BG, but with the lack of non-action RPGs in the last many years, I'm tempted to give it another go.

I'm thinking on trying Icewind Dale. Initially, years ago, I tried it but dismissed it after a few hours, since it didn't have the depth and inter-character interactions as BG, but with the lack of non-action RPGs in the last many years, I'm tempted to give it another go.

I tried it two times but just never finished. Didn't keep my interest for some reason.

I have Icedale too and started it up but I got tired with it really soon.
Is it really worth to try it again after the witcher and G3

I'm still playing Final Fantasy XII. Quite entertaining; the combat system is fine, though I dislike the necessity to grind. But that's something I generally dislike, unless a game is about exploration and I can decide if, when or how I want to level up. If there's enough counterweight in a game, I can tolerate the focus on stats. So far, FF XII is pleasant enough.

The only very good thing in IWD are its fights. Most of them have an accurate setup involving many different fights and many little tricks. I think it also has a better overall ballance between the different fight modes than had any of the BG series (1&2). It has stuff like attack waves, complex long range fights, ambushes and traps, enemy reinforcement coming during a fight, wandering elements causing surprises, and so on. Not stuff you'll find in BG series.

Alas, apart that it is quite weak and overall the fights quality doesn't save it really.

That's something else with Temple of Elemental Evil, it could be weak on other points than fights but it survive the play much better. It's problem is more around some nasty bugs corrupting the save game. Beside great fights ToEE has also a good exploration and many good tricks and secrets.

Finally even if NPC joining your party are mainly passive characters, almost PC like, there's still some good points around them and that many are available through the game and most come during the exploration and few left when they should, that had some spice to the game anyway.

FALLOUT 2.
FALLOUT 2.
Again. And AGAIN. Repeat this line....
After reading the reviews from Fallout 3 i go into my cellar.
Then i scream like a donkey. 4 times.
I installed the Fallout Restoration Projekt.
And playes it. And again, like always, the FUN, the deep character system, the consistent world.... makes me smile. Makes me Happy.
Thats a gaming experience i only got with the early games like
Dungeon Master
Betrayal at Krondor
Gold Box
Planescape Torment
and other classics.

I tried so much. I own every next generation console. I buy the major releases. I play this games for 1-2 hours. Like mass effect. Then... i turn back and play the old ones. The only new game which could keep my interest was the witcher. Good one.

FALLOUT 2.
FALLOUT 2.
Again. And AGAIN. Repeat this line....
After reading the reviews from Fallout 3 i go into my cellar.
Then i scream like a donkey. 4 times.
I installed the Fallout Restoration Projekt.
And playes it. And again, like always, the FUN, the deep character system, the consistent world.... makes me smile. Makes me Happy.
Thats a gaming experience i only got with the early games like
Dungeon Master
Betrayal at Krondor
Gold Box
Planescape Torment
and other classics.

I tried so much. I own every next generation console. I buy the major releases. I play this games for 1-2 hours. Like mass effect. Then... i turn back and play the old ones. The only new game which could keep my interest was the witcher. Good one.
I don't know, in my case I don't like those type of games (open world or whatever you call them). After much insistence from a friend saying Fallout 1 & 2 are the best RPGs ever I gave them a try. I had to force myself to finish FO1, and could only play FO2 for a few hours. My problem is that I prefer games where it's clear what I have to do and where I have to go. FO2 was more like 'do what you want'. It makes me nervous and uncomfortable for some reason. But I do agree it's a great RPG for the people who like that type of RPG.

Dont approach it as a RPG but as a series of tactical battles. And if you are playing IWD1 you should crank up the difficulty to the second highest level (enemies do double damage but still have the same hitpoints), it makes you a lot more careful with your battle tactics. The extra XP also means you will see extreme character levels which is good fun:)

I've been playing Eschelon Book 1 and Helherron, when I can pull myself away from Dwarf Fortress or working on various things. I'm definitely running a very strong indie/open source streak lately.

Last edited:
I've been playing Eschelon Book 1 and Helherron, when I can pull myself away from Dwarf Fortress or working on various things. I'm definitely running a very strong indie/open source streak lately.
PJ will be so proud to see another Dwarf Fortress fanatic.

Welcome to the boards, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom