EQ2.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I have been thinking about playing after hearing about the new expansion with Fae characters and have a couple of questions.
While I am really interested in WoW I am not a crowd person, from what I hear most all of them get very laggy when big groups are around.
I think I would be happy at least for a couple of months messing around with the new expansion, especially since things seem slow in the RPG world and with only 150k players I don't think crowds will be an issue. :)

Will a character I created and played 6 months to year ago still be there, loot and items?
I doubt it takes much memory space and would be an incentive to returning.

Thanks. :)

doesnt seem like we have any kind of a sizeable EQ community here...

Ive been wanting to give it a try too, but scared of commitment at this point!

"any kind of a sizeable EQ community here"
Wasn't sure I never really started looking at the MMOG section here or at RPGDot if there was one.
I figured I would ask here first, though I can call or ask on the officiial forums.
It;s just the 3 major games I was looking forward too were G2, NWN2 and DM were messes at release, making me long to play an unbuggy game. ;)

“commitment at this point!”

I understand, looking around trying to find answers it seems the best price I see for the original game is $9.99 US which includes a free month with following months being $15 per and $40 for 3 months, iir.
I guess the new expansion is $40 most everywhere I see which when bought has the original but I can't tell atm if it includes all expansions, I am guessing no.

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?N...Everquest+2&N=0&find.x=0&find.y=0&find=Search

Since it’s the expansion I would like to try, I am not sure I want to spend the $40 plus $15.
I may just start up the original waiting for the expansion to come down in price.
Especially with all the new games being released in such a buggy condition it’s hard to enjoy taking so much effort dealing with technical issues and broken quest. :(

If my character still exists, I had quite a bit of loot, mostly in gems and such used for the spells of my Gnome Summoner.
I am not sure how much they changed the game since I played, l was able to level very quickly in the original.
I would imagine Sony has made the game more user friendly, as to stem the tide of WoW, keep as many current as possible, while attracting new players.

The friend whom originally convinced me to play EQ2 really like crowded servers, he felt it easier to get a group, while I was opposite.
Many of the quests required limited resources like mobs and items, both can be only randomly spawned, especially the quests with higher quality items as rewards.
So on crowed servers you have to fight for resources, even if you have a group which I don't like, especially if your grouping or solo camping an item or mob and someone comes along stealing it. :(
I am guessing most of the remaining people are hardcore which don't steal kills and are often most helpful if you get lost or confused.

This is what worries me about trying WoW, over crowded servers, which would bother me more that buggy RPGs.

One of the most impressive free 3rd party progam, iir was a site which edited the ingame maps you could download giving tons of useful info, so you really didn't have to keep many note if at all.
I guess WoW has such a program but it just made the game so much more enjoyable since its easy to get overwhelmed in such a huge world.

Just incase anyone wanted to ever know, I got a reply from Sony saying they never delete any previous characters and while they are not sure something couldn't happen occasionaly, to the integerity of the character, people do often return even after a year or two to their characters.

Most MMORPGs keep old characters stored, people often return for a time. If I could re-activate my EQ account I probably would too (except for my tries to contact customer service always ran into an automated service which didnt give me a sensible solution) :)

Back
Top Bottom