Drakensang:RoT First impressions

Yes, I found the Dwarven-related side-quest as the second or even first strongest side-quest so far.

And I'm sure that quite a lot of people in the international audience will fell like some kind of "butt-headed" by the Elven culture and background ... ;)

This is the far most "esoteric" approach of an Elven culture I have ever heard of. It even outperforms the concept of the Tolkien Elves. In terms of esoterics, so to say.

I don't want to spoil that either. ;)

Drakensang 2 actually makes me want to play an elf the next time I play the pen&paper game. I don't think the elves are very different from those in other fictions, it's just that often a portrayal of elves does not go very deep, and Drakensang has a nice angle to it. Nothing mind blowing, mind you, but it raised my interest and was entertaining.

Well, what I rather meant was their origins.

The culture itself is a bit like ... Tolkien's Elves, yes, but the origins ... well ... Plus their philosophy.

I'm through it now.

This was the far longest and most difficult fight I have ever had in a game. I did it in about an hour.

I assume it was so long, because I didn't develop my party *completely* towards combat. Other skills were important, too.

And i feel *greatly* entertained 1 :)

Tomorrow I'll visit the RPC in Cologne, so I'm quite curious what it might bring ... ;)

Cologne I think.

Near Cologne. On the "schääl sick", but not within Cologne.

I might be interested.

Cool. I will let you know as soon as we get things rolling. This might take a while though. Still trying to secure funding for doing research in Düsseldorf.

Anyway, back to Drakensang 2....apart from being long and difficult, did you like the final boss fight?

Well, it depends.

Personally, I found the battle against the ... first of both enemies much, much longer, exhausting, and difficult. Which was because of the DUPLICATUS spell.

I barely managed to get through it, because I had already 2 members of the party down and had to battle about 4 DUPLICATUS spells - so to say - with the other two.

I found the second part of the battle far easier in some respects.

For insiders of the TDE history, there was quite a huge irony in "battling Answin himself", so to say. ;)

I had expected more and stronger spells by the last of both enemies, considering how devastating the first of both had been to my party.

there were some tricks one could use ... Ointment against burning was good, too. As I told this to someone of dtp or of Radon Lbs, I don't quite remember, at the RPC, he looked surprised that I had used this. Well, to me, it was logical.

I didn't focus my party's development on combat, so this part was very, very diffcult for me - as a hole. Someone at the officil dt forums, who actually called himseld a "R0xx0r", found this last battle and the whole game anyway as "boring". He seemingly put everything into battle and ombat, and I assume he totally ignored any sicial skills. He even admitted that he kind of played games for "levelling" and maxing everything out. He wanted to be the Über-King of everything, so to say. Or so he appeared to me.
With that, general consenus was that Drakensang was simply the wrong game for him. Draknsang is rather a game of athmosphere, of mood, of social interaction (at least for me, and I think I can expect that most of the forum here already knows how I think ;) )and of ... well, what we rather call "old-school role-playing".

You can find the discussion I talked about here : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=15794

All in all, I found he last battle very, very tedious, but not really boring. The devs managed to put enough variation into it to challenge my wits, so to say. ;)

Back
Top Bottom