Drakensang:RoT I wanna be a dwarf!

sirchet

Kitty sees all
Is it just me completely missing something in character generation, or is the only race available human, (albeit with a choice of quite a few homelands)?

I usually play a dwarf in other games ... we all know, no party is complete without one of the stout ones in it. ;)

Great game and really enjoying it, but sure would love to play a dwarf.

This took me a while to figure out also. It's not readily apparent.

There's big yellow arrows on either side of the character generation screen. Click those to rotate through the races and classes.

Heh, yes. I remember having the same problem. "What, I can only play warrior, soldier or archer here?" I expected the yellow arrows to have the function to turn the character.

Yes, this was an issue in early Drakensang 1 forums.

I thought everyone knew about it by now (Drakensang 1 is from 2008 or 2007) ?

I had the same problem. I was staring at the screen for like 2 minutes looking for the change class button, but in my case I knew it was there somewhere so I kept looking. I think the problem is those buttons are too easily mistaken for 'rotate left' and 'rotate right' buttons.

Yes, I think I even wrote about it several years ago in the dtp forums.
Isn't there a tooltip ?

I had the same problem. I was staring at the screen for like 2 minutes looking for the change class button, but in my case I knew it was there somewhere so I kept looking. I think the problem is those buttons are too easily mistaken for 'rotate left' and 'rotate right' buttons.
Indeed. I understood my error when I noticed the actual 'rotate left' and 'rotate right' buttons on the bottom of the page, which are quite small.

I am sooooo glad I started this thread!

I just finished building my dwarf and now ... Look out you scallywags!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Oh, another question if I may?

Can you learn lock picking and trap disarming if you're not a thief, rouge or burglar?

If you can, where is the trainer located?

Again, thanks to everyone.

You may need to buy some skills at the thieves guild in the sewers of Nadoret. They will let you in if you have Cuano in the Party (he joins later in the game).

I am sooooo glad I started this thread!

I just finished building my dwarf and now … Look out you scallywags!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Oh, another question if I may?

Can you learn lock picking and trap disarming if you're not a thief, rouge or burglar?

If you can, where is the trainer located?

Again, thanks to everyone.

First advice I give everybody... this is a *party* based game. Your character should not be the jack of all trades. You will find members in your adventures that for all purposes are just like your character. So, don't go and have your character learn everything. You'll be spreading your XP (i.e. adventure points) too wide and thin.
If your character is not a thief, then just have a thief in your group, you'll have one in the first few hours of the game (and a tank, and a magician or a ranger). Just concentrate your character on what he/she does best.

Thanks wolfing, but I really don't like that cano fellow. ;)

I decided to rely on the half-elf girl for most of those parts.

I did it! I finally got the mosaic floor thing in order at the bottom of the temple, but nothing happened.

I must be missing something, I'll have to read those books I found while exploring the temple again, bound to be a clue there.

This really is a good game:)

I did it! I finally got the mosaic floor thing in order at the bottom of the temple, but nothing happened.

Either there is still a tile missing, or ... something actually happens where you cannot see it ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom