Edge Of Eternity - Kickstarter ReLaunched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Midgar Studio has relaunched their Edge Of Eternity kickstarter, and is asking $44,000 to help fund the games development. Here is the new video, and game description.

An indie tribute to J-RPG classics. Explore a universe blending fantasy with science-fiction, intense ATB battles and branching story.
More information.

Looks pretty polished for such a small team. Impressive. However I'll never get JRPGs and I'm an anime fan. All the cutesy stuff and music drives me insane. I'm talking about the genre though, not picking on this game.

How can they afford to make this for 44k?

How can they afford to make this for 44k?
They had a private investor back the game after the last Kickstarter failed. As they asked for $200,000 last time, and only got $26,000 from 300 backers.

Last edited:
They had a private investor back the game after the last Kickstarter failed. As they asked for $200,000 last time, and only got $26,000 from 300 backers.

Are you saying that they got around 156k from the private investor and they want the reminder 44k out of 200k now?

Are you saying that they got around 156k from the private investor and they want the reminder 44k out of 200k now?
No I don t know how much the private investor paid I just just answered rune_74's question, and posted how each kickstarter asked for a different amount.

If you want a guess it was probably more than 156k though.^^

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447029533/edge-of-eternity/posts/637229
Unfortunately, the collected money is not enough to create the game you deserve (HD, orchestral music, etc.).However, we are pleased to announce that, in association with a new investor we are still working on this project.

This. Wise up, people, you're far too gullible.
Look I get it you don't like Kickstarter Humanity has risen, but some of us have no problem with it. I have backed over a hundred projects, and only five have failed.

Look I get it you don't like Kickstarter Humanity has risen, but some of us have no problem with it. I have backed over a hundred projects, and only five have failed.

I have none fail so far....by doing good research;)

I have none fail so far….by doing good research
Then your lucky, but I don't let a few failures spoil the whole site.:)

One example is all the hate for Godus, and Peter Molyneux this week. Just because he messed up we have twenty articles about how he ruined kickstarter for everyone.:disappointed:

Update: A new Twitter post from Brain Fargo.
It's sad to see all the negative Kickstarter backlash, there would be no Wasteland 2 or Torment amongst other games if not for that.

Last edited:
Then your lucky, but I don't let a few failures spoil the whole site.:)

One example is all the hate for Godus, and Peter Molyneux this week. Just because he messed up we have twenty articles about how he ruined kickstarter for everyone.:disappointed:

I know....it's people though, they like to tare things down and say told you so....it's human I guess.

I hope they get $59K. I firmly believe that going multi-platform is the main problem for a lot of kickstarters that have delayed their release the longest. They think it's no big deal, but when they get down to it, they hit major hurdles.

41 backed but only one looks like a fail - although she keeps on doing nothing updates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1338986832/sealark-an-oceanic-adventure-game/posts

But this relauch of EofE has me excited about the game. Their initial kickstarter vid was just full of all kind of suc, the new one is just all kinds of awesome. I really like the music that went with the new vid. Maybe they can do something like the old Magic & Mayhem game (with afrocelt) and just do a totally different type of soundtrack.

Looked interesting until it got exceedingly weeaboo.

Looked interesting until it got exceedingly weeaboo.

Wow, harsh. I had to look that word up . . .
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Weeaboo

The female bard in the vid playing the flute (no jokes please) and killing the baddies looked so cool to me.

BTW, they are at 39,000 right now just 5,000 short of their goal and they have 32 days to go. It looks like they are going to need some stretch goals.

Back
Top Bottom