Antharion - Final Hours, New Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atharion has only 18 hours to run for their Kickstarter as I write - with a little under $4k to go, they need every pledge they can get. For the last push, a new video has been released:
Hey guys, so it's the last day and we're doing a huge push! Here's a video showing off a full battle plus some monsters and environmental stuff. Hope you enjoy, and remember, tell everyone you know, post on every forum, send emails and help us get the word out ...less than 24 hours left! It's a lot of work but we can do it with your help!!!
More information.

Hope this one succeeds. I backed it because it's been a while since I last played an oldskool pixel-art styled RPG with turn-based combat etc. Some aspects of the game already seem quite polished: spell effects, dungeon lighting and music etc. The only things that bother me are the current lack of walking animations and the SD-styled big heads, which for some reason only 'work' for me in anime-themed games. I remember reading that the latter can actually be re-sized with very little effort, should Orphic Software choose so. Anyway, those things are minor things for me. Gameplay looks very nice.

I've back it a couple hours ago. But it looks like it's not going to succeed. A pity.

One would think the Codex and the Watch alone would send this flying. Apparently not.

One would think the Codex and the Watch alone would send this flying. Apparently not.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. Some games can ask for millions and get it, while others can't make a measly 15k. Maybe people don't take it seriously when the asking sum is too low?

I'd also venture to guess there is some 'kickstarter burnout' out there. I certainly feel it. So many projects I'd like to back but I've already spent too much money backing stuff as it is.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. Some games can ask for millions and get it, while others can't make a measly 15k. Maybe people don't take it seriously when the asking sum is too low?

Those that ask for millions and get them get articles on Kotaku, RPS, wired... Codex n Watch is apparently all they've got, give or take, and the two feuding cousins have their eyes out for Thorvalla, other future projects and still feel the sting of past ones.

He is so close now...I think 3500 lets hope he makes it.

I really hope they succeed, many others have at the 11th hour. But if they don't I'd bet my pledge the game will be completed anyway.

I am still less than enthused about the art. The game is completely hideous, IMO.

I am still in at the $15 tier because the gameplay, but the art is the turnoff.

I'm in for $25. Wish I could throw in more but definitely feeling the Kickstarter fatigue - there is so much going on lately and only so much cash I can spare. Another thing is as we approach the holidays people are going to be saving up for gift-giving.

Hopefully this succeeds in the final hours - their concept appeals to me and I've even grown to appreciate the big heads. Though if they do shrink them in the final version that would be cool too.

still about 2900$ needed to make it with 6 hours to go. I just bumped up my pledge a bit.

I agree with some of the kickstart burnout but sadly 2 of the 5 I am backing have not made it; Ars Magica and it appears Antharion wont either.

Ok guys less then 1500 needed now....if any can up their pledges by even 5 dollars it is a start or put out the word...less then 30 minutes left!

Bumped my pledge up a little bit but they really need a big spender to make it now.

Damn, didn't make it....sad that 15k is so hard to get on there for small companies but someone like obsidian can fund a project for 3.5 mil that will also generate cash. I don't know, really dissapointed they didn't make it man...

Damn, and they got that close, too. I think they already said they will continue, but it will mean a lower quality release.

Back
Top Bottom