Legend of Grimrock 2 - First Screenshot

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a first screenshot for Legend of Grimrock 2.
Thanks Lurking Grue.​
More information.

That looks pretty nice. But, what I want to know is will it have the same twitchy mechanics, poor itemisation, lack of story… as the first one.

Their "scrapped game designs" blog post looks somewhat ominous - sort of suggests they went round the block with some new ideas, but finally concluded on doing something not that much different from the first game - have to wait and see, I suppose.

Looks interesting, especially the fact that the first screenshot is outdoors. One would expect some sort of murky dungeon passage.
That's what I thought first ! I was hoping for an outdoor setting but that could as well be the cinematic leading to another dungeon entrance…

Looks like the local safety department has been busy -- all the pine trees are topped.

Heh, Danicek is back :)

The twitchy gameplay and character system of the first were weak, but I still enjoyed the puzzles and the return to the general feel of the Eye of the Beholder games. Looking forward to this.

If they go for more open outdoor game and maintain same quality of puzzles but add complexity we could get more than decent "Myst like adventure"/RPG hybrid.But I am not sure many people want that.

wow awesome. loved the first one but havent had a chance to finish it. brings back memories of eye of the beholder. cannot wait!!

Looks interesting, especially the fact that the first screenshot is outdoors. One would expect some sort of murky dungeon passage.

Welcome back Danicek - I didn't see you here for many years ! :party:

Outdoors - just as I had hoped, but then the "forest troll" was a dead giveaway.

Do I spot multiple levels in a single map? If yes, that's another tick on my LoG wishlist.:cool:

Grimrock 2, M&M X, AoW 3, new RG Game, a new Torment - this feels more and more like one unreal, extended christmas to me...
Can all that truly end well?

Legend of Grimrock 2 and Might and Magic X? This is good news indeed. Shroud of the Avatar, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Project Eternity. I sense a new age in RPG gaming.

Indeed, so it seems! :D

Yes, good times are ahead for all classic rpg fans…
Might & Magic X
Torment: ToN
Project Eternity
Wasteland 2
Grimrock 2
Shadowrun Returns

And what was that last one again?
Ultima X… om, no… UO2… beh, that's not it… U7p3… ahm, I wish…
It's all of those and more!… Shroud of the Avatar… meh.

Hmm, are my eyes deceiving me or this screen is slightly rotated as if the game is not strictly cell based? Might & Magic 6-8 influences?

Back
Top Bottom