Bloodborne The First 18 Minutes Video

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN posted today a video about the beginning of From Software's soon to be released action RPG Bloodborne. Sadly it's a Playstation exclusive game. If you like Dark Souls formula+Victorian Era+H.P.Lovecraft's Books and have a PS4 don't miss this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvi51MDOZTQ

I love the souls games and will definitely check this out. A little wary of including guns though.

I can't see YT videos from work.

Does this game have a less opaque approach to storytelling than Dark Souls?

I agree to bad its only a console exclusive as I dont own any consoles anymore.

Last edited:
I can't see YT videos from work.

Does this game have a less opaque approach to storytelling than Dark Souls?

I doubt it. It's lead by Hidetaka Miyazaki, the same guy that lead demon souls.

So, it's possible it could be even more vague.

Already preordered even though it means using a controller.

The one thing that bothers me is that although Miyazaki is someone who truly gets it, it seems to be basically Demon's Souls with an over the top Victorian/Lovecraft coat of paint and nothing else. Will the series start feeling tired at some point? Maybe you can't always recycle the same idea and this isn't enough of an improvement.

The reason why King's Field worked back in the days was that everything was very understated and much was left to your imagination (the NPCs didn't even have faces!). Demon's Souls was also a believable universe where most of the bosses didn't have crazy designs. This seems very over the top in comparison, to woo those kids who want something spectacular.

Anyway I have this preordered and will judge for myself.

I doubt it. It's lead by Hidetaka Miyazaki, the same guy that lead demon souls.

So, it's possible it could be even more vague.

Already preordered even though it means using a controller.

Sounds like I should skip it, even though I love the setting. To me, the formula was stale with Dark Souls, so this is most likely not going to change anything.

It seems like there are a lot of assumptions being made here based on this being developed by From. I like to think they're smart enough to do more than just make a Dark Souls clone.

I'd love to agree, but I'm not really seeing any reason to believe in it. Based on the videos, it looks like a close clone with a new setting and somewhat faster combat.

Also, for reasons I don't really get - the Souls games are extremely popular, so there's little incentive to change the formula much.

It seems like there are a lot of assumptions being made here based on this being developed by From. I like to think they're smart enough to do more than just make a Dark Souls clone.

Its hardly a worn out formula. There's only 1 other game like them and the have a good fan base. I would think the could use the same formula for quite a while before people tire of it.

Having said that, I thought he was making bloodborne because he wasn't entirely happy with the direction of dark souls, so it could be different.

I haven't really read anything on it as going in blind is the best way for me to enjoy these games. As you said though, that's assuming its one of "these" games.

Eh, looks pretty pathetic to me. Yet another combat fighter game with different graphics. Could be assassin's creed, could be batman, could be lotro with karate - same game, different surroundings. Not my cuppa. Tap AAB to combo. ZzzzZzzz. I guess you could say that about many games but with these console action games it seems more obvious.

Well, Dark souls and assassin's creed have very little in common, it is easy for you to have an opinion without having played the games.

Back
Top Bottom