New Mass Effect - Confirmed to Have Online

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hardcore Gamer has information that BioWare is now hiring for a new Producer to help implement online play for the next Mass Effect game in development.

Although BioWare games remain a decidedly single player focused experience, BioWare has proved they can deliver diverting online content in both Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. Now the studio looks to be continuing that trend as a career listing has popped up for BioWare seeking a Online Producer.

Here are some highlights from the job description (roughly translated from French):

“Create and defend the vision multiplayer connected experiences and characteristics of online gambling in accordance with project management objectives and be due in respect of quality targets and achievements”

“Create and champion the vision of the multi-player, connected experiences and online features of the game with respects to the project leadership goals. Be accountable for the quality targets and the results Achieved.”
More information.

Not really expected from me as they cancelled their new MMO. Don't they have someone who can do the job in Austin already?

Personnel managers ;)

It's just classic Google translate from French. The actual description doesn't look like that.

Also, where does it say that it's Mass Effect? BioWare looking for a producer could mean anything, though it is fairly obvious that the next ME will have some sort of online mode.

Last edited:
Isn't that EA company rule "Everything we develop must have multiplayer" still intact anyways ?
I never expected the new Mass Effect to not have MP and as last time I will completely ignore it and just cheat on the warmap :p

Isn't that EA company rule "Everything we develop must have multiplayer" still intact anyways ?
It's not. They dropped it with Sims 4. Not saying there won't be some multiplayer DLC in the future. In fact I would love if everyone turned multiplayer addition as DLC instead of making me pay for something in the base game I'll never use.

In fact I would love if everyone turned multiplayer addition as DLC instead of making me pay for something in the base game I'll never use.
Yep. And crafting should be a separate DLC as well.

It's just classic Google translate from French. The actual description doesn't look like that.

Also, where does it say that it's Mass Effect? BioWare looking for a producer could mean anything, though it is fairly obvious that the next ME will have some sort of online mode.

That could explain it. Thanks.

I don't ever really like it. Guess I'm old fashioned and indoctrinated by PnP systems where crafting really good stuff isn't a thing for adventurers but for stay-at-home master craftsmen only and thus more a thing for NPC.

Well the job opening is for the next Fallout game, and Bluesnews has the information.
Chris Wynn tweets about a job opening for a line producer for Mass Effect 4, indicating the next installment in the sci-fi action/RPG series will include multiplayer, saying "Things are getting real now and I need an excellent Producer to come shape online for the next Mass Effect" (thanks Polygon). This detailed listing has more in their list of responsibilities.
Link - http://www.bluesnews.com/s/159057/mass-effect-4-multiplayer-revealed

Back
Top Bottom