Risen 3 Risen 3 like the first Risen

I like the easier combat :) I want to play the earlier games now that I've finally finished a PB game, but I think I'll play on baby mode.

IMO you should play baby modes while betatesting games, normal when you're running a game for the first time and hard when you replay.
Of course, when it's a grinder/filler game, newbornbaby is the only way as no matter what you set it's already a nightmare.
But that's just my opinion.

I too thought Risen 3 was too easy. I played the game on hard difficulty level. Some of that might be how I played the game … I mean..its how I play every PB-like game:

I do every quest that is possible without having to commit to a faction. Then I create a save and go with a faction. In Risen 3, by the time I had chosen I was already at very high character level (with lots of$ $$$) and about the only the things left to do were the main quests that were gated by joining a faction. It was a cakewalk.

Still..it was a fun journey. Risen 1 > Risen 3 > Risen 2

Call it the last fun journey.
PB is abandoning their fantastic engine to die and licensed some mainstream crapware instead.

Risen 3 is definitely better, but Risen 2 is still worth playing.

Probably a dumb question, I've lost interest in Risen 2. It's still installed, but I can't seem to get myself to play it again. Is Risen 3 really much better or more of the same?

Not saying that I didn't like Risen 2, though.

Probably a dumb question, I've lost interest in Risen 2. It's still installed, but I can't seem to get myself to play it again. Is Risen 3 really much better or more of the same?

Not saying that I didn't like Risen 2, though.

It depends on what your reason for losing interest in R2 was. If it was because of the setting, then you might like Risen 3 more. It's not as focused on the pirate theme as R2 was. It's more like a combination of the first two games. Exploration is better as well.

It depends on what your reason for losing interest in R2 was. If it was because of the setting, then you might like Risen 3 more. It's not as focused on the pirate theme as R2 was. It's more like a combination of the first two games. Exploration is better as well.

I haven't finished the first one neither, but I long to play that one more than the second. Maybe it was the setting; while some of the exploration I really liked, I guess the environments were not consistently interesting enough to make me want to revisit the world.

Oh well, I'm still playing The Witcher 3, anyway.

I quite enjoyed Risen 3, I did rush it towards the end it felt like it dragged.

Risen 2 was a really good game. I enjoyed all 60 hours I spent with it and upon completing it I wanted more. That is pretty rare for me. The game actually felt too short.

Still, I prefer the world of the first Risen game. I haven't completed that one, but the atmosphere of that island is just remarkable. Coupled with the hand-crafted design that PB is known for, wonderfully immersive atmosphere and great locations, Risen 1 stands as my favorite Risen game thus far, and really one of the better RPGs I've played in the past 5 to 10 years.

Risen was actually one of my first forays into the CRPG realm. I played it originally on the Xbox 360. I started researching all the obscure, lesser-known RPGs I could find for the system, and games like Divinity II, Risen, Two Worlds, etc., all showed up and I purchased them all cheaply on Ebay. I started playing Risen and I was quite blown away by how the dialogue system worked. Imagine never playing a game like Gothic, Gothic 2, or much of any real CRPGs and then jumping into Risen. It was like exploring a brand new, exciting world, and it really blew me away at the time. Great game.

I meant to go back to it and haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe a 4K playthrough is in order. Hmm... =)

Risen 2 was a really good game. I enjoyed all 60 hours I spent with it and upon completing it I wanted more. That is pretty rare for me. The game actually felt too short.
Angry Joe hates your guts now. :D

Yup, once you get into it and ignore some design sillyness, it turns into a good game. Not a spectacular one, but definetly enjoyable.

I just don't know what are you waiting with finishing Risen and Risen 3, both are better than the second one.

Back
Top Bottom