Wasteland 2 - Preview Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I managed to round up two more previews based on the beta version of Wasteland 2.

Gamebanshee

Even though Wasteland 2 has a long ways to go, at this stage in development I do feel it's very promising. The beta is not perfect by any means - graphics, user interface, and even quests, story and general gameplay are all subject to change - so that could turn some players off who expect a polished and bug-free time right out of the box, but at the same time, if you are interested in seeing a glimpse of what the game will offer as far as its overall gameplay experience goes, the beta is probably worth checking out.
Eurogamer

What the beta does offer, though, is the best evidence so far that inXile is on the right track here. Already, Wasteland 2 has the spirit of the original firmly in place, and puts its designers' Kickstarted money where their mouths were during the campaign in terms of how it's been updated and to what extent. This game is more than a little clunky and certainly isn't a looker, but is leaving no stone unturned to be both the sequel that Wasteland deserves and a great RPG in its own right. That's what was promised. That's what seems to be on its way. That's what counts more than anything else, and I eagerly await the rest.
More information.

It is a touch worrying that the game still appears to be in a very unfinished state over two months after their initially planned release date. Although, that is hardly uncommon (in fact games that meet their target dates are the exception) I do hope that the Kickstarter fund is sufficient to tide (!?) them over, and of course their production team won't be able to move on to Tides until after WL2 is completed, which might throw their plans a bit out of whack.

It is a touch worrying that the game still appears to be in a very unfinished state over two months after their initially planned release date. Although, that is hardly uncommon (in fact games that meet their target dates are the exception) I do hope that the Kickstarter fund is sufficient to tide (!?) them over, and of course their production team won't be able to move on to Tides until after WL2 is completed, which might throw their plans a bit out of whack.
From the state of the beta the game will be pushed back again. There is no doubt about it happening at all. If you read the latest Torment update it all but just confirms it as the team still hasn't started on the next project yet either..

Back
Top Bottom