Ghost of a Tale - Improved AI

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a new update for Ghost of a Tale, Seith talks about the effort he made in removing the old AI of the game and implementing a better one.

A few weeks ago while testing the game, I had to face the fact the AI (the artificial intelligence driving the enemies) was simply not good enough. It had become extremely bloated in terms of code complexity and yet was not quite delivering the quality I wanted.

So I decided to redo the entire game’s AI system from scratch, this time using a different behavior-tree technique.

It was a scary decision as during a few days the game wasn’t even playable; first I had to unplug all the actors’ “brains” and then I started again, slowly building up their new behaviors, piece by piece. I knew exactly what I wanted so I was able to get to the point rather quickly. But this time while I worked I hid away all the models, the animation, etc… and only used capsules.
More information.

THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU, . . . . .

Two days ago I was wondering what was up with this game but for some reason the title NEVER sticks with me. I tried googling Mouse RPG and that didn't work. (try it).
But today . . . blamo . . . RPGWatch via Myrthos to the rescue.

NOTE: Next time I want an update I will google Mouse Tale RPG images, that got me in the ball park.

OK, glad to be of service ;)

It's good that he was able to implement the change in a short time. I could easily see that taking months to do.

Back
Top Bottom