Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

The next step might be to get clarification from Larian on what we're supposed to come up with, versus what they're going to do. Let's say they want some artist's renderings of what the Watchtower will look like in game. We can ask Vurt and other known artists on our site to submit drawings for consideration.

Perhaps they want the book written by us. If so, we need to know where the tower is going to be placed in game so that the book reflects this. We wouldn't want to write about the barren wasteland in the book just to have the tower placed in a forest. Has Jaz agreed to write? Did she donate to the Watch to be elligible, etc.

I don't mind the statue looking like HiddenX, but his character doesn't look like anyone in a previous game; for instance top hats have never been seen, that I can remember, etc.
Hidden might have someone redraw his avatar with a variety of clothing and styles, to expedite the conversion to game assets.

In other words, we probably need to start a workflow chart of some kind to make sure we cover our responsibilities towards the project.

The statue could be something that represents the Watch as a whole - not necessarily looking like a person.

If someone represents the Watch with a person-statue, it should be Dhruin or Myrthos, certainly not me.

Discussion here

Last edited:
Just wanted to say congratulations... my contribution now seems small in comparison to what has been raised! Really looking forward to this game and seeing the references back to what we've done here!

I don't think larian needs to give us more stuff. I think they've already been very generous between here and the kickstarter.

I'm already getting multiple digital and boxed copies, t shirts, poster, badges, name a bunch of stuff, alpha, beta access and a bunch of other stuff.

The only other thing they could give me would be the game, polished and as soon as possible please.:)

The main point of the fundraiser is to collect money for Larian to make a good game. They give us already more than I expected (everyone gets a copy > 25$, etc.).

IMHO, it's for Larian to decide if they want to give us more. Maybe little things in game/out of the game that are not too costly.

I agree - I'd hate for RPGWatch and RPGCodex references to become a significant distraction to those playing the game who aren't in on it. And also we should probably keep the 10k raised by each of our sites in perspective; it is rather tiny compared to the over 1 million raised in total and tinier still when that is added to what larian themselves have already invested.

On Twitter:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Larian.jpg
    Larian.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 214
Perhaps you'll get a little hunchbacked servant to polish the statue and carry the watery gruel and moldy bread for the Jailer's prisoners? :)

The Codex reached 10K, too - Congratulations! :ahoy:

gratz @hidden & hope you get the game you're starving for… Hidden, there are rumours you kinda look like Mr. Universe, so why not a statue of you ;)

Are the rpgwatch donation gates closed for this now?

Ah now I remember, for whatever reason (no adblocker, all plugins/js etc. enabled) my Opera does not show Paypal buttons. Anyway, I donated now :)
EDIT: Paypal button works with a new Opera profile; so problem is on my end.

That's great, because the Codex pulled ahead again. While we are of course too mature to really care about this silly competition, we still want to win :D
So, anybody else got their paycheck recently? ;)

Nah, the contest is over as far as I'm concerned. You should donate if you want to support Larian or if you want the game, any of the other goodies or participate in the raffle.
If the Codex raises more money, good for them.

We are in a stalemate - the player has to tip the scales of fate in November 2013:

:gorath: The Watch :gorath:

or

:cm: The Codex :cm:

or

:gorath: Peace :cm: :party:

should be fun…

Last edited:
The winners are... we the players. Forget competition, in fact, it should be a tower with a codex on it, and a nice quest to get to the tower to use the codex to gain information about some artifact of artifactness.

Is anyone willing to swap me a digital version for my physical version?

I wouldn't mind having two physical copies Damian, if it's okay with Myrthos/Larian. I'm not sure how they're going to break down and ship all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom