Two Worlds - how is it now? multiplayer?

haberman13

Traveler
Greetings all.

I was thinking about buying Two Worlds for the wife and I to run through… I held off until now because I heard quest XP/gold etc. were not shared in multiplayer. Clearly that would present a problem if we were trying to level/play together.

Any thoughts?

How is the game? It looks like a multiplayer Oblivion, which could be really cool.

edit: PC version

Last edited:
I can only comment on the SP portion of the Xbox 360 version. I'm not sure which version you are considering. I'm not interested in the MP, so I've never played it, although I've heard it was quite broken.

As for the SP, it is badly injured but not broken. I'd give it a 6. The main things that bug me are the jerky controls, the frequent framerate hitches, and the occasional glitched quest. Otherwise, you have to be able to tolerate mediocre graphics, a hackneyed storyline, and awful dialog. I haven't seen a whole lot of variation in the environments or choice in the dialog/quests. But if you can deal with all of this, Two Worlds does have some good qualities. Combat is decently fun, there are a lot of customization possibilities, the "stacking" mechanic is neat, and exploration is enjoyable.

I got it for $12. I'd say that's about right. I'm killing time until Borderlands.

I can only comment on the SP portion of the Xbox 360 version. I'm not sure which version you are considering. I'm not interested in the MP, so I've never played it, although I've heard it was quite broken.

As for the SP, it is badly injured but not broken. I'd give it a 6. The main things that bug me are the jerky controls, the frequent framerate hitches, and the occasional glitched quest. Otherwise, you have to be able to tolerate mediocre graphics, a hackneyed storyline, and awful dialog. I haven't seen a whole lot of variation in the environments or choice in the dialog/quests. But if you can deal with all of this, Two Worlds does have some good qualities. Combat is decently fun, there are a lot of customization possibilities, the "stacking" mechanic is neat, and exploration is enjoyable.

I got it for $12. I'd say that's about right. I'm killing time until Borderlands.

Did you get the feeling that the world was laid out with an aweful lot of content in mind that just wasn't there? Like mysterious buildings that had no function and things like that? As if they intended to add a lot more to the story but never got around to it. I remember the main quest was quite short.

If you're thinking of buying the Xbox 360 version of Two Worlds, I advice you not to. Because, the X360 version suffers a lot from stuttering and poor optimization. It wasn't well optimized for the console, and can't use the graphical features of the system. Playing it on a 360 is like playing the PC version on a low budget graphics card. So, I recommend the PC version. Devs improved the game heavily with the 1,7 patch. (massive patch by the way 1,2 gb in total) Combat animations are a bit jerky, but overall a decent quality free-form RPG.

Did you get the feeling that the world was laid out with an aweful lot of content in mind that just wasn't there? Like mysterious buildings that had no function and things like that? As if they intended to add a lot more to the story but never got around to it. I remember the main quest was quite short.

I remember some of that, but much of it seemed like ruined structures that you could imagine would be empty and deserted. Other times, though, yes, I would go into empty buildings and wonder where the owner was. Sometimes they would show up later as part of a quest I unlocked.

If you're thinking of buying the Xbox 360 version of Two Worlds, I advice you not to. Because, the X360 version suffers a lot from stuttering and poor optimization. It wasn't well optimized for the console, and can't use the graphical features of the system. Playing it on a 360 is like playing the PC version on a low budget graphics card. So, I recommend the PC version.

He edited his post later to qualify that he meant the PC version, but I agree, the Xbox 360 version suffers from all kinds of technical performance issues, the worst of which is the repetitive framerate hitches. You could enter a command to turn shadows and long grass off, which helped. But no doubt the PC is the superior version.

Looking forward to what they do with Two Worlds 2. I am nearing completion of the first one right now, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, even on the 360. Let's hope they learned from their mistakes on the first (lord knows they got a lot of critical feedback) and they take their time in making the second one a good game.

Back
Top Bottom