Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CVG has a preview of Deus Ex: HR, reprinted from Xbox 360 World. It's a pretty standard piece but here's an interesting quote on dialogue:
Conversation has been beefed up, the visuals now on a level where you can judge the authenticity of a suspect by his body language alone.

Likewise, the adoption of the third-person for stealth now makes sneaking about a bona fide option, rather than a clumsy afterthought.
More information.

I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex 3 three. They seem to be on the right track and I also like the art direction they have taken.

Well, I don't trust the media - but there's literally nothing about this I don't like, based on what I've heard.

Maybe the forced occasional 3rd person camera, but it's a minor thing.

I'm hoping the levels are large :)

Maybe the forced occasional 3rd person camera, but it's a minor thing.

You mean the stupid, immersion-breaking, cheap-ass device? I loathe it. Nothing heightens paranoia levels like quick 180 mouse darts to check your back… especially playing with EAX/headphones/dark room ;)

It was annoying enough in F3 -sitting on a chair & such - but then it was only occasional. I`ve spent most of Deus Ex in crawl mode as default. This is really worrying, should be an option.

Apart from that, high hopes.

Any word on the release date. Im thinking late spring 2011

That would be accurate, Square delayed the game to Q2 2011, although the CM on the official forum suggest that the game still need polish. So it's probably for the best...

"Likewise, the adoption of the third-person for stealth now makes sneaking about a bona fide option, rather than a clumsy afterthought. "

All stealth? As in I can't sneak unless it's in 3rd person?

And since when is 1st person stealth clumsy? Someone get that person a Thief game.

"Likewise, the adoption of the third-person for stealth now makes sneaking about a bona fide option, rather than a clumsy afterthought. "

All stealth? As in I can't sneak unless it's in 3rd person?

You only get put into 3rd person if you use the "cover" key (or climb a ladder). You can still sneak and take cover in 1st person.

All these have been shown in demonstration of the game already.

Back
Top Bottom