Final Fantasy

What is Your Favorit Final Fantasy game?

• Total voters
I am not a console gamer - we got the kids a 'Cube a few years ago, but I barely touch it - so I have *never* played a console Final Fantasy.

HOWEVER, two years ago I got Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for Christmas from my wife (along with my DS ;) ), and thoroughly enjoyed pouring many 10's of hours into it. Last year I got Final Fantasy IV Advance, and I've played some, as have my kids ... but never finished it. Final Fantasy V Advance just came out - don't know when I'll get to that one ...

But this week Final Fantasy III DS comes out, which some have called the best Final Fantasy of all - and it has been re-invented in 3D. Can't wait for that.

FF6 was beautiful (the music!), but VII really blew me away back then... good memories. VIII was quite nice, too, but it never managed to grab my attention the way the other two had.
I haven't played any of the others, but I have both FF movies at home.

I like FF and have played every title from FF6 onwards.
They are pretty linear but they DO tell a somewhat interesting and twisting story. (looks to the Oblivion-fansection with fear in his eyes^^)
Combat is of course one of the main parts of the series, as maxing out your stats but the same could be said of nearly every RPG.

I used to be a huge fan of that series. I've played 1 thru 9. Most fans (myself included) agree that IV, V, and VI were the best in the series. Those game were all on the Super Famicom(Nintendo). FF VII was probably the most popular of the series and I also thought that was a very good game as well. I didn't like any of the games after part VII, even though I did play thru VIII and IX, and spent a very short time on X.

I liked them when I was young and all I had was a NES and then a SNES. When I got my first PC and tried my first real RPGs like Darklands and others, I couldnt go back to FF -- although earlier this year I got a DS and I actually tried the remakes of those early games. Conclusion: dont go back.

I agree. As fond as my memories are of those games, they don't compare to Baldurs Gate, Gothic, or the Elder Scrolls.

FF7 was the best I thought. I played and won 8 and 9 as well I would probably rate them around 70% as far as crpgs go. I played some of the earlier ones but I don't think I actually finished any of them. Chrono Trigger(SNES) was the best consoleRPG I played, I would rate it around 90%.

As a side note:
The next version of PCSX2 (0.9.2) will allow FF 10 and X-2 to be fully playable from start to finish on PC. You can actually play them right through with the current version but there are occasional crashes and sound problems. It can actually get FF 12 (just released) ingame as well but there are too many crashes to be considered playable.

http://www.pcsx2.net/

It is recommended you have a dual core processor and PS2.0 capable graphics card for optimal game play.

Well, I really like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA. Quite a solid title. Otherwise, the only FF i really got into was V (some time ago) and am now replaying it on the GBA. The only thing I really hate is the new character portraits for the main characters, which look ridiculous.

I agree with alot you people have said. FF7 Is the one I have hade the most fun with. It has a good story, but the story is, ehm, draged out of proporsjon after 40 hours of playing... =) (havent played the game in 5 years or so, Il have to go back to that game soon)
FF4,5and6 are also exelente games!
And Chrono Trigger is OUTSTANDING!!!! =D real orginal!

Well, I really like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA. Quite a solid title.

I like it also. I've put quite a few hours in it, playing it mostly in short burts, two or three missions now and then.
Apparently the old PSone version was even better.

Just a note - Final Fantasy III is frickin' GORGEOUS!!!

On the other side, FFV Advance is quite good as well, apart from the (new?) character portraits. They should have kept the characters as a group of pixels only and the fact I haven't gotten that far into the game as well.

I love them all, but FF7 the most. I'm playing FFXII right now and it is a breathe of fresh air with doing away the random encounters, no screen splitting before combat starts, a (almost) real time battle system and a well-implemented MMORPG feel.

I can really understand your wondering, because I don't like MMORPGs, but FFXII is about freshness and experimenting with new ideas (some work, some not). Check it out for yourself.

Interesting news:
We already know that a FF XII sequel (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) is coming to the DS.

Now we hear of other FF games for handhelds:
- Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War for the PSP - basically the PS1 version visually updated and with new jobs (Onion Knight, anyone?)
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire ... unknown if it is for GBA, DS or PSP.

Back
Top Bottom