Gothic Viable to be a mage for new camp (Gothic I)

wynams

Watchdog
First play through of Gothic I here.

I gather it is maybe a bit easier path for mages to choose the old camp, but I was wondering if there are limitations to being a new camp mage? (spell limitiations, bugs in later quests, etc.)

Thanks for any input ... if answers need to be a bit spoilerish, lemme have it.

I don't think there are any limitations, you'll just get the chance to become a water mage much later in the game than you could become a fire mage. Consequently, you'll have to spent more LPs on actual fighting skills than a fire mage would (and they can get by with almost nothing), which means less LP for mage-related pursuits. You'll probably be fine by the end, but it'd certainly be a rougher ride.

Keep your options open as long as possible. The game becomes more linear when you choose a camp.

It was brutal, but well worth the reward (I was banking skill points to train the circles up).

The Orc Grave almost had me ready to revert back to my master save and go fire mage. Especially the Orc Warrior! The gathering of the 4 focii were easy though with my gimp character thanks to friends. Once I was able to become a water mage I am a force to be reckoned with.

This is really an amazing RPG and I am having a blast playing it.

Indeed it is!

Got Storm of Fire yet? Circle 4 fire spell that you can "charge" before throwing. Love that spell, even has an odd stun effect sometimes, and can kill targets it barely even hit (with the fire effect).

Storm of Fire aka Bread and Butter :) was the first purchase my NH made after the mountain of skill points he was sitting on was spent on circle I-V and upping mana to a respectable level.

I ported over to the swamp and there were a couple of good rings there as well. Do merchants get new items at the chapter swaps?

I need to find some youtube of mages in action as I feel clumsy standing in a circle of mobs charging up my AoE spell.

So I beat Gothic I Saturday as a Water Mage and was thinking about a replay as a hardcore (honor system) old mine warrior when CP1.7 hit.

Great, great game.

Gothic Universe is the best $20 I have ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom