Game of Thrones - Castlewood Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Focus sent us a press release announcing six Game of Thrones screens showing "Castlewood", which is apparently the player's home. Check out the screens at Blue's and here is the accompanying blurb:
Game Of Thrones RPG: Discover Castlewood With New Images!

Game of Thrones RPG today unveiled a new series of 6 exclusive screenshots! The role-playing game for PlayStation® 3, Xbox 360® and PC is based on the epic series by George R.R. Martin and the popular HBO® TV series, today revealed Castlewood, an original location in the Game of Thrones saga that players will get to explore first-hand.

Today’s screenshots turn their focus to the enigmatic place that’s home to the House Harlton. Fifteen years ago, the Lord of Castlewood chose to support the House Targaryen during the victorious rebellion of Robert Baratheon, and was sentenced to die for this treason. His brother Arwood Harlton, loyal to King Robert, finally inherited Castlewood. Arwood is also known to be a great friend of House Sarwyck, and as the heir of Sarwyck family, you, Alester, will use Castlewood as a safe place to retreat if your quest turns too dangerous…

Castlewood is an original location, playing a key role in the video game while fitting into the existing “A Song Of Ice And Fire” saga. The township of Castlewood will be one of the many places the two heroes of the game – Mors, sworn brother of the Night's Watch, and Alester, the Red Priest – will explore and fight through. From King’s Landing and Red Keep to the Wall, an Epic quest awaits our heroes, guided by revenge, loyalty, honor, and family, along a twisting plot filled with betrayal and vicious hardships.

Live the saga in May 2012 with Game of Thrones on PlayStation® 3, Xbox 360® and PC!
More information.

The style, especially of some characters, reminds me strongly of The Witcher. Not necessarily a bad thing. I see dual-wielding, that is always welcome.

The helmet of the guy in armor with a green apron looks like shit. Where is his head ? It's like his eyes are at the top of his head… ;(

+1

v60kt.jpg

Not very exciting screens so far. Hope they get enough time to work on it. I agree that the feel is a bit like the witcher.

The helmet looks wierd because its a jousting helmet. You would lean far forward on your horse (Now the position of the eyeholes make sense), then at the last second you would lean back so your face and neck was protected.

I have to admit it looks really stupid on a guy doing anything but jousting. You could put that helmet on a highly accomplished swordsman and give me a penknife and I think I would kick his rear.

I don't really care too much about graphics. If the gameplay and story/characters interest me, I'll play it. Otherwise I won't.

They need to fix more than lighting. For the starters, they need to fix everything.
Every time I look at this game (and Cyanide's other RPG, 'Of Orcs and Men') I just know that they're gonna be terrible.

They need to fix more than lighting. For the starters, they need to fix everything.
Every time I look at this game (and Cyanide's other RPG, 'Of Orcs and Men') I just know that they're gonna be terrible.

As much as I like your opinions on other occasions, the above statement makes me wonder how you earn your money. Do you happen to be in divination?

The pics look great IMHO.

I agree. I think the visuals look like a mix of The Witcher 1/2 and Dragon Age Origins.

Of course that doesn't mean the game itself is going to be any good. I'm still waiting to hear something about the actual mechanics.

The helmet looks wierd because its a jousting helmet. You would lean far forward on your horse (Now the position of the eyeholes make sense), then at the last second you would lean back so your face and neck was protected.

Interesting, didn't know that :) but yeah a little strange someone would wear something like that in that particular scene.

I think the graphics looks ok, hardly my biggest concern about this game..

As much as I like your opinions on other occasions, the above statement makes me wonder how you earn your money. Do you happen to be in divination?

Call me pessimist, but I have a bad feeling about this. :D Cyanide's previous RPG (Loki) was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom