Inquisitor - Released on GoG

A bit of iron maiden never hurt anyone! Well, not much…ok, perhaps a little, teensy bit. But they probably deserved it! …or not. Erm….

as an aside: my friends and I have stated playing as an evil-aligned party in a Pathfinder module. Must say, it's quite challenging to play evil characters. That said, it is called 'role-playing' for a reason, so good role players should be up to the challenge, no?

edit: 'good' role players? Just thought I'd point that out...because some may have missed that little pun...

I am looking forward to it as well. I am a little bored and I hear some comparisons to Divine Divinity.

Sadism. A roleplaying adventure (and an unspoken platform of the Republican Party).

Shame on you Thrasher for making this political. The democrats do plenty of their own fear-mongering and reputation killing thank you very much.

It's not just spiders but all mobs respawn... Honestly I'm already annoyed with it. If it's the core idea of this game and I don't find any means to stop it, I'm pretty sure I'll quit the game for good after just one day of playing. :(

Haven't started yet, but enjoying the detail in the manual and the little extras like the book of magic - I intend to burn and purge yeeha! *ahem* "in nomine patris et fili et …" *bzap* take that heathen! Of course, I will be a force for good as I pursue my inquisitorial duties :rolleyes:

Exactly.
:cool:

It's not just spiders but all mobs respawn… Honestly I'm already annoyed with it. If it's the core idea of this game and I don't find any means to stop it, I'm pretty sure I'll quit the game for good after just one day of playing. :(

Maybe thee's a "root" for this evil?
Like in Geneforge, after you kill those spawners the level is cleared..
I don`t know, maybe one quest will lead you to cleansing that evil presence!! =D

Dunno, I've stumbled upon a certain enemy in the cemetary dungeons who is too hard to kill that early (I'm level 6). It's possible that by killing him undead respawns will stop, but can't be sure. I'll play the game more, hopefully there is something you can do to stop the respawning of any kind of enemies.

At first glance, I was going to preorder on GoG. The art style definitely reminded me of Divine Divinity. I decided to take a wait and see approach. I was apprehensive about the torture aspects, not something I would want to do even role playing. I guess it's a fine line, after all I did do the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion - so I will kill innocents but balk at torturing them.

The respawning thing would annoy me too, to the point of I probably would no longer consider getting the game, so I did a search about it and found this on the internet:

"I played the original Czech version of the game.
It is very “old school” and has its flaws, but very fun to play nonetheless. It is not comparable to the Witcher, think more about Diablo hack and slash without too much grinding – monsters usually do not respawn (only a few of them)."

At first glance, I was going to preorder on GoG. The art style definitely reminded me of Divine Divinity. I decided to take a wait and see approach. I was apprehensive about the torture aspects, not something I would want to do even role playing. I guess it's a fine line, after all I did do the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion - so I will kill innocents but balk at torturing them.

You see you can play 3 roles: The Inquisitor, The Paladin and The Thief.
My understanding is that the torture parts are inherent to the Inquisitor only.

@Arkadia7: Nice find!

I bet Romney would like this game. ;)

BenneC20120512_low.jpg

no, torturing is a core part of the game. That's a way to get evidence. Everybody does it

Ooo, ive been playing a lot of dungeon keeper lately. Unfortunately, that game is evil meets Mad Magazine. I like playing some real evil now and then!

To the hilariously outraged Goody Two Shoes: butch up, dudes. Its a game!
And thank you for alerting me to this game, it wasnt even on my radar before.

At first glance, I was going to preorder on GoG. The art style definitely reminded me of Divine Divinity.

Unfortunately it doesnt look that similar to D.D. (which is probably the best looking 2D RPG ever made). Inquisitor looks "acceptable" but is nowhere near as detailed as D.D. I'd say it looks closer to Arcanum, another RPG i wouldnt rank very high graphics wise..

Unfortunately it doesnt look that similar to D.D. (which is probably the best looking 2D RPG ever made). Inquisitor looks "acceptable" but is nowhere near as detailed as D.D. I'd say it looks closer to Arcanum, another RPG i wouldnt rank very high graphics wise..

Is that your opinion based on screens/video or have you actually played it?

no, torturing is a core part of the game. That's a way to get evidence. Everybody does it

Ouch... that did not please me very much but I won't comment since I haven't actually played it but it'd better have a good explanation for that.

All I can say is that nostalgia is a powerful thing.

You mean i remember Arcanum wrong? I played it quite recently. This game lacks detail in the same way, for example you won't see lush forests with different types of flora, the world is also quite bleak (similar to Arcanum). D.D is lush, quite colorful and very, very detailed (a lot of objects can be picked up, interaction with the environment is extremely good). Monsters in this game are quite ugly (orcs looks terrible for example), animations too, Arcanum was weak at that too.

One thing that does look good in this game are the buildings, some are very detailed.

I think Divine Divinity looks great (way better than Diablo 2 was), but I would say that the first Sacred might be better looking. I'm about to give Inquisitor a whirl, so I'll give some early impressions in a bit.

I think Divine Divinity looks great (way better than Diablo 2 was), but I would say that the first Sacred might be better looking. I'm about to give Inquisitor a whirl, so I'll give some early impressions in a bit.

I agree with you rossrjensen, always loved the look of Sacred 1.
I'll be interested to hear your take on Inquisitor.

Back
Top Bottom