Inquisitor - Released on GoG

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Inquisitor is ready to download on GoG.
Ultherst was once a peaceful, God-fearing land until the Three Scourges of God came to pass as foretold by Saint Ezekiel, one of the twelve followers of the First Prophet. First came the famine that devasted the populace. Next came the plague that added more unfortunate souls on Death’s abacus. Finally came the great rain of fire, and death fell down on sinner and innocent alike, blood flooding the streets in place of water. The people, in their desperation, turned away from the Holy Mother Church and delved deep into pagan decadence or succumbed to the temptation of the Devil. You have been charged with the office of Inquisitor. It is up to you to investigate crimes against the one true faith and root out heresy--using any and all means necessary.

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences.
More information.

fired it up briefly before heading in to work, lots of extra stuff thrown in, very impressed and cant wait to play it.

My friends I pre-ordered it to support the devs but I won't be able to play anytime soon so if anyone who played it can give a hands on impression or just some opinions on the game it would be really nice!

Thanks!

Let's get those first impressions/reviews started!

Installed, played for like 5 minutes. Gameplay make me think of Divine Divinity and it lack a tutorial badly (lots of stuff to understand and nothing to explain them, aka read the manual first).

First impression… If I'm right, spiderwebs in forest cause spiders to - respawn.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but if it's really like that, I'll give a huge minus to the game as spiderwebs seem indestructable.
Other than that, it's too early to say anything except that there is really so many text in the first location… But that's actually a plus. I don't want to miss anything. ;)

Last edited:
Cool! Keep it coming!
Respawning is a turn off to me too... but if it's not too frequent it's not much of a problem.
I'm interested in the combat.. is it as hardcore as they say? For me that's a plus.
Also, are there reputation consequences if you torture people and burn them at the stake?

<sarcasm on>
I think I'm going to watch a bunch of real executions to get me in the mood. Watch some radical muslim beheadings, etc. Anybody got some good torture flicks to watch? Perhaps some good footage of Holocaust atrocities?
<sarcasm off>

Honestly, I guess there is a place where I draw a line. I can't imagine playing a torturer. I've never fantasized about horribly mutilating someone and that's what role-playing is all about; living a fantasy. The idea of this game disturbs me. Playing any type of evil just goes against my nature, I guess.

While I don't mind GoG. Will the game come to Steam?

Ahh wait, I see that there is a Greenlight for this project. Really, can't they just put it on steam instead of going through the arduous process?

<sarcasm on>
I think I'm going to watch a bunch of real executions to get me in the mood. Watch some radical muslim beheadings, etc. Anybody got some good torture flicks to watch? Perhaps some good footage of Holocaust atrocities?
<sarcasm off>

Honestly, I guess there is a place where I draw a line. I can't imagine playing a torturer. I've never fantasized about horribly mutilating someone and that's what role-playing is all about; living a fantasy. The idea of this game disturbs me. Playing any type of evil just goes against my nature, I guess.

You do not have to torture people. That is why this is an RPG. You know?

You don't? When people talk about this game, they make it sound like you're a psychopath wandering around burning heretics. I've been put off because of this ever since I first heard about this game..

<sarcasm on>
<sarcasm off>

ok, move along then.

You don't? When people talk about this game, they make it sound like you're a psychopath wandering around burning heretics. I've been put off because of this ever since I first heard about this game..

Lol that's what turned me on in the first place :biggrin:
Actually I asked if your reputation got bad if you tortured and burned heretics because I wanted to do just that to most people :lol:
To each his own I guess =D

All that I see is a black screen.:(

My bad, I forgot that I had been forcing aa in the amd control panel. The game runs fine now.

Last edited:
I would think you don't have to torture anyone, since it is a rpg. Maybe the character who is the paladin or priest would have to do it, if they are designed to be the "official" inquisitor character. But I'm sure one of the characters would have more options.

Haven't started yet, but enjoying the detail in the manual and the little extras like the book of magic - I intend to burn and purge yeeha! *ahem* "in nomine patris et fili et …" *bzap* take that heathen! Of course, I will be a force for good as I pursue my inquisitorial duties :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom