Inquisitor - Released on GoG

Key remapping is not possible ingame. There are 3rd party keymappers though.

As for me hating grinding of just any kind… It's not true. An example of logical grinder is Drakensang where undead stop respawning when you kill the necro. Or The Witcher 2, you destroy nests and certain kind of mobs stops appearing in the woods for good. Non-RPG Clive Barker's Undying has an area with endless respawns, but that area is actually a separate challenge so you need to escape that area by running and finding an exit as you can't possibly kill them all. Maybe you can, maybe developers made that the respawns stop after you kill a billion of mobs, but honestly, who'd waste his life on that?
I believe I just mentioned 3 great games. You disagree? ;)

So coming back to the whole 'torture' and 'inquisition' stuff. To finish the first chapter you will have to put at least three persons on trial, and get confessions of two of them ... It seems there's no way to skip this, so at some time you have to take up the tools of the trade of the inquisition.

Ok iam too starting to become irritated with the respawning. Using a bow means you have to retreat sometimes. then when you get back at the spot enemies have returned.

guess i NEED to play warrior/paladin to counter this effect.. :(

I'm around level 17 now - and its a bit easier. Was not sure what to do for a while, because everything seemed so strong, but I now have access to second tier inqusitor spells (level 15!?) and I can curse well ;-) I do not think I would survive without a companion though. or at least it would be much, much harder and more frustrating. My biggest beef at the moment is the UI: I have lots of spells, but I cant go into the book and double click to cast- I have to open it, drag the icon to the quickslot then close the book and then right click. It's slow and laborious and having at least another layer of quickslots would have been welcome, or a divine divinity style tree that I cold quick-select from. Also, you can kind of pause the game (using the "paus/break" key) but I always end up pressing space - pause is in the wrong place and in the heat of combat this can get you killed.

Can someone tell me where i can get the first companion?

Can someone tell me where i can get the first companion?

In the first town there is a staircase into the cellar (at the sherifs place i think).
There is a dog with a weirdo name ;) and guess what…

In the first town there is a staircase into the cellar (at the sherifs place i think).
There is a dog with a weirdo name ;) and guess what…

Yeah, saw the dog and though…its gonna die! I's suggest taking the paladin/knight as a companion. he's melee is not too bad, although he does suck down stamina/health at a rate of knots.

You can find him outside the Hillbrandt chapter house once you have spoken to Lord d'Amais who is lurking to the NE of town, near one of the map/road exists.

Have played around 10 hours now and this is an awesome rpg game. If you like to read text and a very detailed story and world which is told through a LOT of text, then this is a must buy. The English translation is very passable, a bit awkward with a word here and there occasionally, but good overall.

I am playing a paladin on medium difficulty, and it is challenging enough that it is fun, but nothing too hard. I highly recommend this game to rpg watchers. Its definitely a throwback to the complexity of rpgs from before, lots of options and choices and skills to pick from and freedom to make a character.

Now, I still haven't figured out a basic thing, how the heck do you get more mana? It doesn't seem to regenerate like stamina does, are potions the only way for the paladin to get more mana? The manual is silent on this. And the manual also is missing other information, like the combat mechanics could be much better detailed.

Have played around 10 hours now and this is an awesome rpg game. If you like to read text and a very detailed story and world which is told through a LOT of text, then this is a must buy. The English translation is very passable, a bit awkward with a word here and there occasionally, but good overall.

I am playing a paladin on medium difficulty, and it is challenging enough that it is fun, but nothing too hard. I highly recommend this game to rpg watchers. Its definitely a throwback to the complexity of rpgs from before, lots of options and choices and skills to pick from and freedom to make a character.
Now, I still haven't figured out a basic thing, how the heck do you get more mana? It doesn't seem to regenerate like stamina does, are potions the only way for the paladin to get more mana? The manual is silent on this. And the manual also is missing other information, like the combat mechanics could be much better detailed.

Hey! Good to see you like it too.
In my opinion this is one of the greatest rpgs this year.
As for the mana thing: with the priest you can use one skill to regenerate mana in exchange for stamina. You can also brew mana potions.
If you're playing the paladin or the thief, I'm not familiar with the skills but there are a lot of items that improve mana regeneration. You can, for example, use two rings that will give you +x mana per 10 seconds and I think for a paladin that would suffice.
If it's not enough, you can wear other armor and accessories that will give you mana regen: there are plenty of them on the merchants.
Oh and I love Diabolus the dog.. I cast bless on him and endurance on the paladin and we're good to go =D

I've started this game three times now, once with each character, and I can't decide between the Priest or the Paladin. The Thief seems horribly tedious to me, but I've never been a fan of ranged characters in a game like this.

The Paladin is obviously the easiest in the early going, but I'm wondering if a high level Priest wouldn't be more fun to play.

Has anyone found a magic using companion yet?

Also, are there any weapons that have class limitations, or can any class use any weapon with the only difference being the level of mastery?

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to brew/create/mix potions. How does the alchemy skill work?

I can't figure out how to brew/create/mix potions. How does the alchemy skill work?

You open your invenory. Then left click the first potion. Then drag to the other potion you wish to mix it with and then right click. You must be skilled with Alchemy though or you'll get "skill not high enough" in the dialog window.

"Now, I still haven't figured out a basic thing, how the heck do you get more mana? It doesn't seem to regenerate like stamina does, are potions the only way for the paladin to get more mana? The manual is silent on this. And the manual also is missing other information, like the combat mechanics could be much better detailed. "

Drink mana potions! You should see my bag; it's almost completely full of potions.

"You open your invenory. Then left click the first potion. Then drag to the other potion you wish to mix it with and then right click. You must be skilled with Alchemy though or you'll get "skill not high enough" in the dialog window. "

Ahhh, I'll try that later. I've been holding off on any points in alchemy until I found where to brew potions. xD

I thought I read on a potion early on somewhere to combine a STR, INT, DEX potion to make a special one?

Starting to love this game!

however it seems a paladins armour gets broken fast. Can anyone explain how to use the smith skill?
Still cant deside if i will play a paladin or a thief. Anyone else doubting those 2 options?

Starting to love this game!

however it seems a paladins armour gets broken fast. Can anyone explain how to use the smith skill?
Still cant deside if i will play a paladin or a thief. Anyone else doubting those 2 options?

The only char I've rolled is the priest so I'll give a suggestion.
The priest has a spell that allows you to identify items. In order to use it you place it in your quick slots and select it with one of the 1-0 keyboard keys and then you just right click as if you would cast a spell.
I imagine the repair skill works just the same. Press "S" or "K" and in the window that opens, find the little ball icon representing your skills. click and drag the repair or smithy skill to the quick slot, close the skill window and try right clicking. Maybe it will repair all your items to a limited threshold (based on your mastery level). maybe you'll have to repair one by one but that would not make sense. The identify spell identifies all your items so it should be the same with this skill.
Try doing that and tell us if it worked. If not we'll try something else =D

Last edited:
@arthureloi - do you find that the dog is quite tough? I'm only using one companion (the paladin), but I'd welcome more support ;-)

On another note: as a priest, is my armour skill limited to using Student level (rank 6) armour only? Does this mean I can never wear plate or if I can what penalties will I suffer? I stopped putting points into armour at skill rank 6, since it didn't know what benefits I would get (if any).

@arthureloi - do you find that the dog is quite tough? I'm only using one companion (the paladin), but I'd welcome more support ;-)

On another note: as a priest, is my armour skill limited to using Student level (rank 6) armour only? Does this mean I can never wear plate or if I can what penalties will I suffer? I stopped putting points into armour at skill rank 6, since it didn't know what benefits I would get (if any).

Yes, I love the dog, I like it even better than the Paladin. I guess it will follow me all game long =D It's pretty tough and its stamina never ends. I cast flame weapon and bless on it and it's good to go even on hard =D

The Priest is limited to the Disciple mastery level.
The higher the mastery level, the higher the chances to reduce the damage taken.
Also the chance of receiving a critical hit and the clumsiness caused by wearing a
heavy armor are reduced.
So the more you put into this skill the best your defense is but you will be limited to using Disciple rank armour at most.

A tip for those with stamina problems:
I think it's well worth being at least level 2 in divine magic skill with any character. At level 1 you can cast the "endurance" spell which greatly increases your stamina regeneration. What's best: it works while you're fighting so for me for example I'm hitting and my stamina does not go down (I'm pretty high in divine magic). You can also cast it on your buddies so that's great to cast on the paladin. Plus, if you're level 2 in divine magic you can cast Heal on yourself or your buddies. So if you're using them as meat shields, you can press "D" on your keyboard so they will stop quaffing potions and you just heal them with magic.

Last edited:
The only char I've rolled is the priest so I'll give a suggestion.
The priest has a spell that allows you to identify items. In order to use it you place it in your quick slots and select it with one of the 1-0 keyboard keys and then you just right click as if you would cast a spell.
I imagine the repair skill works just the same. Press "S" or "K" and in the window that opens, find the little ball icon representing your skills. click and drag the repair or smithy skill to the quick slot, close the skill window and try right clicking. Maybe it will repair all your items to a limited threshold (based on your mastery level). maybe you'll have to repair one by one but that would not make sense. The identify spell identifies all your items so it should be the same with this skill.
Try doing that and tell us if it worked. If not we'll try something else =D

thank you. didnt know the skill icons could be dragged and dropped too.

Back
Top Bottom