I've tried, but I just can't stomach the older classics

A lot of newer gamers have issues with the controls in SS, mainly the fact that the keys cannot be remapped in the game. A simple solution is to use a key remapping program to set the keys how you want them.
It's so long ago that I don't remember well but the point is that I couldn't get used to the mouse use during complex long range shooting, even after many hours of play. I remember you had to use the mouse in a similar way than in UU with a difference I don't remember but that was this mouse use I didn't succeed to get used to in a shooter. The problem I remember with this system was to not fit a too large screen like the full play screen in 640*480.

Some similar techniques is actually available in emu's like DOSBox. The following screenshot is taken with a Hq3x filter (top) and scaled 3x (bottom).

ultima6comparison.jpg

Jemy, That screen shot looks like Ultima6. If it is, and you made it, did you have any problem with popping noises in the audio? I just booted it up and am giving it a try (game looks great with the filter!), but the audio popping is really annoying. I did a google search, but didn't come up with anything.

Jemy, That screen shot looks like Ultima6. If it is, and you made it, did you have any problem with popping noises in the audio? I just booted it up and am giving it a try (game looks great with the filter!), but the audio popping is really annoying. I did a google search, but didn't come up with anything.

I never actually played the game, I just produced the screenshot. I have had problems with the sound when using DOSBox, but for all sorts of reasons such as wrong setup, to slow computer or old version of DOSBox itself.

Why play the old version, when the new U6P version is on the way to a free download center near you by the end of next year!! :)

With a launch party ? ;)

"Win free copies of a free game !" ;)

Why play the old version, when the new U6P version is on the way to a free download center near you by the end of next year!! :)

There is still something to be said for the original! But don't worry, I'll be playing U6P pretty much as soon as it is released!

There is still something to be said for the original! But don't worry, I'll be playing U6P pretty much as soon as it is released!
And you'll never know how play the original so will be unable to use that classical reference. :)

And you'll never know how play the original so will be unable to use that classical reference. :)

I'm a little confused. He did play the original (I think) so he knows how to play the original... as for that classical reference ...I'm just lost :SSounds like my kind of humor where you know it sounds funny but the context is off a bit :D

Must be an inside joke:)

Lol I see what you mean skavenhorde. Well let me try again.... :biggrin:

And HE'll never know how play the original so will be unable to use that classical reference. :p

LOL!

Well, the sound problem seems to have fixed it self. Maybe it was some built up static electricity in my speakers or something.

Took me about an hour to get into the game, now I'm loving it! Only thing that is annoying me so far is that I decided to wander around to get some experience before trying to take on the gargoyles defending the shrines. Couldn't find anything to fight! I walked have of Britannia and only ran into some trolls and headless on a bridge! I need some gold to buy better equipment (and spells), so I guess I'm heading into a dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom