NWN2 Removing a party memeber?

Neverwinter Nights 2
I think i would have best SA if my charactes was color coded instead, like in kindergarten

In BG I used to color code my characters. :p

Although I pretty much stick with Kelgar and Neeshka I've found that gnome bard to be hilarious.

How many npc's can you have at once in NWN2?

Three.

I want to try this game but I have to admit that I was not impressed with the first NWN at all. I've heard that NWN2 is a lot better, but these comparisons to KOTOR are scaring me a little.

The only similarity with KotOR 2 is the relations you can develop with your party members, and the real time combat of course (alas).
It shares many things with NWN1 -- literaly: music, sound effects, animation, the little bag the appears when you kill an adversary, the odd weapon design, etc. -- but most significantly it's the game engine that's mostly the same, although it is an improvement, especially the outdoors which arent tile based anymore unlike the interiors. The UI is good in my opinion although apparently some prefer the old one (heretics, mostly).
Now when it comes to the actual campaign, I think this one is a great improvement over NWN1's OC (which I also hated) and I'm only in chapter 1. There's a lot of dialogue options (more than the usual suspects: good, neutral and evil), and therefore conversation skills -- diplomacy, etc. -- are a must (one of the reasons I went with a paladin). Just having a party instead of a henchman is so much better although you'll find out that the IA for pathfinding and other things is just terrible. It's best if you control everything yourself. things I dont like is that NPCS are even less than signposts, they don't react to anything that goes on. For example I've had several big fights in the streets of Neverwinter with normal citizens just standing there without the least reaction to the battle, the dying and blood and magic that was going on next to them (and of course they're invincible, some were caught in a fireball explosion without losing any Hps, the bastards). Oblivion's Radiant AI was mostly dormant outside of the hype but at least the NPCs moved and reacted somewhat (well I'll be damned, you really cant say a word or two about a new RPG without mentionning OB).
Hope this helps a bit (I just need to say that english isn't my native language and sometimes I'm pretty sure that whatever I write must read funny).

"So YOU are playing a mage, or using the mage companion?"
After about 10 false starts I am playing a Mage, a Duel Weilding Mage. :biggrin:
Took Human so I could get the extra Feat.

I like the Druid, I just never played one before and she defintaly causes problems with Khelgar and Neeska, she would maybe be great with the right team. :)

The problem I have with Neeska [or Obsidian] is the way they made her, if your not playing an evil charater its almost impossible to gain influence with her, which makes no sence what so ever, since she is Neutral.
So its either a mistake by Obsidian or one other possiblity which I don't wnat to mention, at least imo.

JDR13 from what I ahve read it varies. in chapter 1 you can have 3, in chapter 2 you can have 4 and in chapter 4 you can have 5.
Now I amnot 100% since I am still in chapter 1 and jsut got to Neverwinter which is about 10 hours give or take.
I didn't really like NWN 1 and I almost hated this game trying to get through the Tutorial, not that its hard just annoying, but the game turns on a dime once you leave the Tutorial and pick up yoru first compainon and he is almost a nonstop riot. :)

Cormac doesn't the number change for each chapter, at least thats what I read at the Official forums?

Also you did leave out another similarity with KotOR, there are now Cutscenes in NWN which are almost identical to KotOR.
Once you get out of the Tutorial its much better than NWN, imo.

Haven't heard about a demo ... but you can have 3 'followers' in your party.

My favourite NPC so far is still the dwarf fighter, he's got some hilarious dialogue. I have picked up the dwarf, the druid, the tiefling rogue and a female sorcerer (very interesting character, although if you forget to turn off her AI she'll blast your whole party with fireballs(if you play with hardcore rules, not on normal) whenever a fight starts).

My favourite NPC so far is still the dwarf fighter, he's got some hilarious dialogue. I have picked up the dwarf, the druid, the tiefling rogue and a female sorcerer (very interesting character, although if you forget to turn off her AI she'll blast your whole party with fireballs(if you play with hardcore rules, not on normal) whenever a fight starts).

Remember this is the *non-spoiler* forum - aside from the three you are forced to get initially, nobody is naming names so we can all discover them ourselves. If you want to start a 'Fave NPC' thread in the spoiler section that would be great.

The guy the posted the info about making a full party said he had up to 9 NPCs in his party at once, though it was really starting to lag out he said with all the AI working on screen at once. :)

Kind of takes the fun out of it doesn't it? With a party that size you can just sit back and let the AI play the game for you I think. lol

BTW I love the tiefling rogue and the dwarf when they go at each other, makes me feel my grandkids are here in the room with me. ;)

Kind of takes the fun out of it doesn't it? With a party that size you can just sit back and let the AI play the game for you I think. lol

BTW I love the tiefling rogue and the dwarf when they go at each other, makes me feel my grandkids are here in the room with me. ;)

I actually like anguishing over who to have in the party at any given time - I'm trying not to 'artificial play' like I did so much with KotOR to squeeze all the side quests.

I think it's TOTALLY unfair for NWN2 to be released 2 weeks later down here than in the rest of the world!! YES, I'm jealous!! :)

It certianly could take the fun out of it, I guess its mostly up to the indiviual to choose whats right/fun for themselves at any given moment. :)

I certianly could never even think about having 9 NPCs even if at some point I wanted to check out all the bickering, until I upgrade from this medium PC

Its getting harder not to upgrade before DX10 equipment hits, especially with G3.
I guess part of that is the engine and the rushedout state.

Ouch, whats the release date there Corwin?

November 16th; it's been delayed twice now from its original release date!!

I think it's TOTALLY unfair for NWN2 to be released 2 weeks later down here than in the rest of the world!! YES, I'm jealous!! :)
Look at it this way - we've had to wait 4 weeks for Gothic 3!

If I'd known there was going to be this delay, I would have ordered it from the US instead. These were last minute changes!!

I feel your pain Corwin. I am used to wait for releases. But for some reason these games was released on time.... :)

The problem I have with Neeska [or Obsidian] is the way they made her, if your not playing an evil charater its almost impossible to gain influence with her, which makes no sence what so ever, since she is Neutral.
So its either a mistake by Obsidian or one other possiblity which I don't wnat to mention, at least imo.
You don't have to be evil to gain influence with her but you can't go around citing city regulations like Rimmer from Red Dwarf all the time either. She is definitely NOT turned on by lawful characters so to speak ;)

Yes, I managed to gain influence one time over her with some off the wall answer I normally would not have my character use, just to see if it worked. Not going to be able to influence them all, so next play through I know I can take a less "lawful" path and see how things develope. MUHAHAHA

Fortuanlty I usually play CG so this leaves me room with Chaotic. ;)
I most was refering to the fact that she will want to do quest only for money and if the PC agrees its and evil act.
I usually will try the Neutral response in this cases to get the "Lost 0 influence with Neeshka".

Yes ... I have to be very careful with my Lawful Good alignment and trying to max influence ...

Back
Top Bottom