Where can I buy/find Crossbow bolts

elkston

Sentinel
I bought a Crossbow on the 2nd island you reach (the one with Don Guillermo), used it once and lost the single bolt that came with it. No vendor I've found so far sells them. Haven't run across any as loot either.

Any tips? Thanks.

Em, Not too sure myself, but maybe from the indians? But that's just a guess.

If someone could tell me the names of prominent White Gold vendors I could check whether they sell bolts or even make them do so in the next unofficial patch!

If someone could tell me the names of prominent White Gold vendors I could check whether they sell bolts or even make them do so in the next unofficial patch!

I'm running into the same problem at the moment. The crossbow is pretty much useless if nobody sells the ammo. Have you made progress on this matter, Wesp5?

Have you made progress on this matter, Wesp5?

I haven't replayed WG yet. What I would need to fix this is the exact in-game name of all the vendors that should sell crossbow bolts. I could then add them to their inventory...

Ok. Well, I'm only on the second island and there seem to be two guys selling the crossbow, so naturally I think they should sell the ammo too. The first is in the centre of the island and his in-game name is simply "Arms dealer". The second one is an arms dealer from the mafia and his in-game name is "Hasim".
The third dealer who I haven't seen selling the crossbow yet is an arms dealer from the Guerrilla and his in-game name is "Guerrilla supply man". I hope this helps!

The first is in the centre of the island and his in-game name is simply "Arms dealer". The second one is an arms dealer from the mafia and his in-game name is "Hasim".

I found Hasim, an arms dealer with the name of Sergio and two nameless arms dealers which all sell crossbows and will save bolts as well in the next patch! But wasn't there a vendor on the first island too?

The third dealer who I haven't seen selling the crossbow yet is an arms dealer from the Guerrilla and his in-game name is "Guerrilla supply man".

There are several guerilla supply men and they don't ever sell crossbows.

…and will save bolts as well in the next patch!

Sounds good!!

But wasn't there a vendor on the first island too?

I don't think the crossbow was available yet on the first island. The vendors I met on the first island were Gabriel running his store, the empty bottle merchant (who sells the underwater pistol), the goverment supply man, guerilla supply man, bandit supply man, contraband merchant and a lockpick merchant. That's all I can remember. Maybe it would be a good idea if Gabriel sold them too?

By the way, I ran into some Colt-pistols in the game, but they seem to be unusable. They appear in the Other-tab instead of the Weapons-tab. Is this a known bug?

This is a known issue, but I don't know if this actually is a bug. The Colt-pistol is a quest item, not a weapon. But it is used later on in the game in an armory as scenery which can confuse further.

This is a known issue, but I don't know if this actually is a bug. The Colt-pistol is a quest item, not a weapon. But it is used later on in the game in an armory as scenery which can confuse further.

Yeah, I found it during the mafia mission where you have to infiltrate the government base. I stole it from their armory, so I guess you're right. Shame though. :)

Let's make this a topic about rare ammo! ;) I was wondering if you can supply the apache with more ammo (like more rockets) or are you forced to simply get a new apache when you're out of rockets?

Regarding the armory, the 3d model of the so called "M16" is really an M4, probably the alteration 1, so its name should be fixed to M4A1 and its image should be changed to represent the ingame model...

Wesp5: Is it possible to fix that thing? :)

I was wondering if you can supply the apache with more ammo (like more rockets) or are you forced to simply get a new apache when you're out of rockets?

I don't know how to do that yet and who should possibly do it anyway? Are there occasions where other vehicle ammo is supplied? If so, I would need the exact ingame name of the NPC who does this to figure out the necessary syntax.

On another thing regarding the ammo, has anyone ever found a flare gun or another use for the various flares? If not, I consider removing them from the vendors because it confused me a lot and will probably confuse everyone elso too.

Last edited:
I don't know how to do that yet and who should possibly do it anyway? Are there occasions where other vehicle ammo is supplied? If so, I would need the exact ingame name of the NPC who does this to figure out the necessary syntax.

Yeah, I haven't found anyone doing that yet, but it would make sense if the plane mechanics on the platforms were able to restock you with ammo. They're already able to refill the tank and repair your plane / helicopter.

On another thing regarding the ammo, has anyone ever found a flare gun or another use for the various flares? If not, I consider removing them from the vendors because it confused me a lot and will probably confuse everyone elso too.

Never saw it or heard anyone talking about it in the game.

They're already able to refill the tank and repair your plane / helicopter.

Okay, I found them. Still I need to figure out what ammo they should sell and how. Maybe I should just add new ammo as part of repairing?

Never saw it or heard anyone talking about it in the game.

Me too. I looked at some vendors and they don't sell them either, but they can be found in containers, which sadly I can do nothing about yet.

Maybe I should just add new ammo as part of repairing?

That would be fantastic! Man, now I really can't wait for your new patch! :D

Me too. I looked at some vendors and they don't sell them either, but they can be found in containers, which sadly I can do nothing about yet.

Hm, I never found one and I've looked through a lot of containers. :) Still, I'll keep an eye out!

Wouldn't be possible to add them to the vendors then? :p

About the M16/M4A1: I don't know a lot about modding this game so if you say that the only fixable thing is the name for me it's ok. :)
Half fixed is still better than completely wrong, right? :biggrin:

Anyway I have to agree with Burning Fish, I really can't wait for your new patch! :D

Back
Top Bottom