Torchlight II - Still Aiming For Summer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The recent "Not a Blog" post from Travis Baldree made it sound like Torchlight II might suffer additional delays but Joystiq has a brief statement confirming they are still aiming for Summer:
Runic Games' Torchlight 2 is still planned for launch at some point this summer, Runic president Travis Baldree tells us. "The end of summer is September 25th or something like that, right?" he asked. "We're still trying to get it done for summer. It's a big game and we've still got some polish to go."
More information.

Either the game will be something unbelievably excellent. Or they totally dropped the ball.

I have been gaming enthusiast for far to long not to learn that : long , longer , never ending development time - is never sign of something good. But sign of problems , or even worse - systems that dont work as intended and needs complete revamp.

T2 beta was good. But not as good to grant the fact that game was set to release exactly 1 year ago. And is literally delayed more than one year now.

The end of the summer is August 31st, September is the first month of Fall.
Since when developers start using the Mayan calendar ?

lol, evidently when they started to need more development time and while they keep saying they never said a release date last year therefore it hasn't been delayed, however I remember them saying that it would release before the end of 2011.

The end of the summer is August 31st, September is the first month of Fall.
Since when developers start using the Mayan calendar ?
Hopefully your post is a joke, but summer ends on the autumn equinox which is actually September 22nd this year (not the 25th).

I think a 2-3 year development time is very reasonable and see no problem with them making sure it's polished. At least it's not as drawn out as Blizzard's 10+ years development times. Also remember that Runic took some of that time to port Torchlight to other platforms, so it wasn't all devoted to TL2.

Anyway, Torchlight 2 was already fun in the beta weekend I played - so I'm pretty sure they'll release something good.

Back
Top Bottom