NorthStar - Annoucement @ BluesNews

I'm still waiting for someone to pick up where Freelancer left off. There have been several tries, including Darkstar One, but I still feel noone ever managed to create the kind of atmosphere Freelancer had. I'll still keep trying out games that have similar features though, so I certainly wouldn't mind RPGWatch covering this game.

mmm corwin maybe the space combat will be Turn based too? I am not good either in space shooting, so i hope that will be done good and nice, and not too difficult to do

I tried Privateer 1 and got killed the first time I ventured out into space and everytime thereafter. I deleted the game the first day and never bothered again!! Games that kill you very early are poorly designed IMO as if you don't give me time to settle in and begin to enjoy it, you won't keep me playing for long!!

A little quote from one of developers:
I think looking at Nstar personal combat as being akin to fallout is not a bad abstraction at this point. In the end there will be some diffs but the general philosophy and structure will probably be pretty similar.

Space combat will be real time though. Think of a slightly more 2D forced version of SotS where the pacing and and situations lend themselves more to manouver and planning than a bazillion cool weapons flying through the air at once like in SotS. In situations where something dmages a ship system component, repairs or replacement will also have to be done in real-time. Somewhat akin to han solo workin on that hyperdrive

I'm buying it all the way! Seriously I haven't seen that much promising game for a very long time.
BTW SotS combat on Youtube movies looks very similar to Homeworld's one.

Back
Top Bottom