Warhammer Quest - Available Now On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Publisher Chilled Mouse sent out a press release with information about a game called Warhammer Quest. I personally have never heard of the game till now.

So here are the details.

Battle through the winding dungeons and enemies of the Warhammer world for wealth, treasure and glory!

January 7th, 2015 - Independent publisher Chilled Mouse today announced that Warhammer Quest is out now on Windows PC, Mac and Linux via digital distribution service Steam. Based on the classic Games Workshop board game, and set in the Warhammer Fantasy world, Warhammer Quest is a turn based strategy game allows players to control a team of heroes and explore hidden dungeons around the borders of the Empire in a mix of adventure, strategy and role-playing.

“We've been working so hard to make this the best digital incarnation of the classic Games Workshop boardgame!” said Ian Baverstock, Director of Chilled Mouse. “The whole team is so excited to hear what existing Warhammer Quest fans think of our efforts and to introduce Warhammer Quest to a new legion of fans!”

Lead a party of brave adventurers through the dangerous winding dungeons of the Warhammer world in the search for wealth and glory, as players uncover and explore new settlements. In their quest for legendary weapons, players encounter enemies including evil Night Goblins, dangerous Orcs, gigantic River Trolls and hordes of the evil Skaven, hellbent on destroying the band of adventurers.

Through encounters and exploration, heroes level up their skills and quickly gain new abilities, spells and blessings as they battle it out to become one of the Heroes of Legend and fight such devilish foes playing as the Marauder, Wood Elf Waywatcher, Dwarf IronBreaker and the Grey Wizard.

Available now, through Steam for Windows PC, Mac and Linux including Alienware FX machines, Warhammer Quest is available at £10.99, €14.99, $14.99 including three areas and the Vampire and Zombie content pack. The Deluxe edition, priced at £19.99, €27.99, $29.99, includes all of the in-game content available in the standard edition plus more than £19, €25, $27 of additional extras. Warhammer Quest is now available through Steam at: http://store.steampowered.com/app/326670/.
More information.

Nice background graphics and character screen, but poor animations and overall a weak product comparable to Full Control Studios' Space Hulk, same deadly boringly slow pace and poor GUI, but this one is built around to be a cash cow.

Whats up with these Unity games displaying blurry text all the time??

This is almost a direct port of the Warhammer Quest board game (published in the mid 90s). The board game was a follow up to another board game called heroquest, which many people from my age group (mid to late 30s) played extensively. Warhammer quest is quite rare as a board game, and old copies sell for somewhere between 150-250. The game has been out for iOS for over a year, and is fun in a slow sort of way. I personally would prefer to play something like Wasteland 2 or divinity, but it's not a bad game and the reviews for iOS were extremely positive.

I would love to see a real CRPG set in the Warhammer world- not some damned ill fated MMO either. An old school one with TB combat would be dreamy. I could never get into the Warhammer miniature games, but I always thought the setting was cool given it seemed to be a darker one.

Tried it out. Got bored in half an hour. Maybe it's good for ios or android devices, i donno... but on pc it sucks

The problem with most board game adaptations, is that board games are made to be
played with friends and the human interaction makes up for their lack of sophistication
or story. Unfortunately most computer games which stay true to the rules of a board
game don't try to fill in the gap left by having no human interaction with something else, like say a compelling story/or scenario set up.

I liked the old WFRP ruleset and setting, so I am at least somewhat interested. Personally, though, I'd rather see a tactical CRPG implementation of The Enemy Within.

The problem with most board game adaptations, is that board games are made to be
played with friends and the human interaction makes up for their lack of sophistication
or story. Unfortunately most computer games which stay true to the rules of a board
game don't try to fill in the gap left by having no human interaction with something else, like say a compelling story/or scenario set up.
Warhammer Quest, the board game, hardly qualifies for that perspective.
It has three modes:
the basic rules set, a single adventure mode, an introductory mode.
the advanced rules set, a campaign mode, the main mode.
The introduction to RPG mode.

The game can be played solo for the first and second modes.

The main mode spells adventure with an A. It is much about writing the chronicles of an adventurer who makes a carrier of exploring dungeons. Many things can happen,failure, success, encounters, the game mechanics feed the narrative. Scenarization is vastly encouraged. All this compelling as being created by the player themselves as they play instead of being spoon fed by some writers who know.

Back
Top Bottom