Fallout 3 - Megaton is the Most Beautiful Location

aries100

SasqWatch
Games Radar has an editorial about why the scrappiest location the Fallout 3 is the most beautiful:

Then, having consigned a substantial chunk of itself to oblivion, the game does something equally selfless - it gives you something you're supposed to think is rubbish. It asks: was it worth it, your new penthouse in Allistair Tenpenny's glittering castle, with its uninterrupted view of the bigoted old codger shooting whatever creatures he didn't pay you to blow up? And how's your friendship with the reptilian Mr Burke and those other incestuous shut-ins? Or the germ-free water and ghoul-free corridors? Bland, you confess; life without Megaton makes the Wasteland feel small. It makes Fallout 3 feel worse.
In other news Games Radar also has a list of 28 little known facts about the Fallout games after the end of the world.

More information.

I found Megaton really annoying for ages, with all the interchangeable walkways etc. It took me ages to work out where things were in that place!

Didn't really care for any of the towns in FO3 myself. But that Games Radar article actually had quite a few things I was unaware of!

Piloting Liberty Prime while doing battle with a fully functional Rivet City ship? Err... thankfully that didn't go live - way too JRPG for my tastes.

Yeah, some interesting things in that article. Megaton just constantly reminds me of that annoying Moira.

It could have used a look-out sniper tower near the entrance, and a crazy underground farm that raised all the mystery meat they kept serving.

Megaton definitely blew me away when i got into it.

It's a fun and well-desiged location, and a good kickoff to the game as a whole

Megaton didn't blow me away at all; however I most certainly did ceremoniously blow it away. :p

I watched the mushroom cloud from TenPenny Towers, then proceeded to cleanse the entire place of life whilst listening to Elvis Presley records. :D Ahh, good times.

Back
Top Bottom