Project Gorgon

Unrestigered

Banned
Project Gorgon is an indie mmo that is playable right now and has opened a kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectgorgon/project-gorgon-pc-mmo

It doesn't have the best graphics, but they are definitely good enough, and the game is for people who are looking for a certain type of gameplay independent of graphics.

My favorite MMOs are Wildstar and DDO, and I not a huge fan of exploring, discovery, and interactivity, so as you can guess, I am not really one of the people this game is aimed at. But people who love Ultima 7, Divine Divinity, and UO, or want a lot of interactivity in an MMO, should really check this game out.

Forum section: Indie RPG.
Topic: Kickstarter/MMO.

I have to urge forum admin to make Kickstarters forum section and if that's impossible, please make MMORPG forum section.
Thanks.

Can MMO's not be indie projects, Ms. Smartypants?

And it is a kickstarter, but can be played right now with no money or restrictions and no microtransactions. And has been available for a while now, well before the kickstarter.

Is this an rpg? Yes. Is this an indie project? Yes. Correct forum? Yes. Do you spit venom about a few evil gaming publishers and then but their games? Yes. Do you hate DLC and grinding and buy games that have both? Yes. Are you a good person to take advice or direction from? All indicators point to no.

Are you a good person...
no.
No.

vic_iris_lawful_evil_by_topcowimage2df-d5m5t9i.jpg

NBC Universal has blocked that from showing in civilized countries.

Was positively surprised actually. Expected worse. Not that I plan to back it but I can see the appeal…even if the name reminds me of this charming guy:

Goorgen%25E2%2580%2599s%2BHubcap%2BCommercial.jpg

Best of the video however is the narration.

I was looking for a certain commercial I remember growing up to show you I couldn't find. But I found this great movie about my mother's favorite store and where we got our clothes and other stuff from. Building 19. Oh, the memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odz_-BcKxx0

This actually looks great. Asheron's Call was/is an amazing MMO with tons and tons of skills, character customization and fun to be had in a HUGE world. If they capture some of the magic of that game and expand upon it, this could be something I definitely purchase when it's officially released.

The draws to this game are the tons of character customization via skills, lack of hand-holding and heavy focus on exploration and discovery.

Thanks for sharing this! =)

If someone wants to throw in an extra pledge for me, please do it! This game sounds unbelievable! After playing Asheron's Call recently and thinking to myself, "Why aren't there more games like this?", this game seems to fit the bill and then some. It's a totally wacky, weird experience, it seems. Can't wait to try it!

Note - I will probably pledge at the $25 level as soon as I get some money. Incoming coverage of the game as well. =)

Back
Top Bottom