ToEE - A New Fluent Let's Play!

Hey folks!

Wow, that is one *behemoth* of a frog! I head to the local fishing hole to bag myself a giant fish, and end up hooking this thing instead! Check him out in Episode 18 of A Fluent Let's Play of Temple Of Elemental Evil! :)

Enjoy!

"I know, next time I'll bless them"

Next time:

"Oh, I forgot to bless them"

Lol

That's a great battle that one, there's lots that needs to be considered. I'd love to help out but I honestly can't remember much beyond "oh yeah, I remember that fight now I see it again, I must have beaten it because I got further than that, no idea how I did it though."

One that occurred to me might be to try also using Ray of Enfeeblement + Bless. Also, your cleric doesn't seem to be being used as a spellcaster at all aside from healing folks (at unfortunate moments - perhaps distribute potions before a battle?), which seems like a bit of a waste of use as clerics aren't that useful in melee anyway aside from holding people up.

General advice for early D&D is to use buff and debuff spells to increase your hit chance while reducing the enemy's. Also, if one particular enemy is problematic while all the others are fairly easy, you could try to make the serious one chase around your weakest character while you clear the field ? (I notice one of your archers continued firing (also attracting an AoO) instead of just running away again). Also you could try using the summons to distract the big frog and use all your tanks to stop getting surrounded by the Lizardmen instead of splitting your team, D&D is often about not splitting your posse (unless facing a spellcaster or because someone's playing run-around).

etc etc etc.

I think the biggest problem here is that my party is under-leveled for this area. I read a quick walkthrough online, just to see what people were saying about the battle, and I read that it's recommended to tackle it at level 5-6. My party is 3-4 right now, so I'm guessing that I missed out on some content along the way. In the next episode I head back to Hommlet to tie up some loose ends, hopefully leveling up in the process. I left a lot of unfinished quests there, so I'll have to finish that place up first, as well as "clear out" Emridy Meadows. All that and more is coming up. :)

Thanks for the comment! :party:

I was wondering about that but didn't want to make a fool of myself as I really can't remember much at all about what level you were supposed to be where and which bits you need to do in which order.

I didn't think my level was too low until I read the walkthrough. I was just following the story arc and figured I was okay to tackle this, but I had so much unfinished business in Hommlet that I didn't even realize was there. Some of the quests and branches are so easy to miss, and exploring Hommlet can be rough without markers on the map telling you which house is which. I actually missed the carpenter's house in my first trip to Hommlet and that is a big miss because it's an important part of the Hommlet quest arc.

But all is good now and you will see all of this in future episodes that I have already recorded. :)

I shall try and make time to watch a couple :ahoy:

Back again with a new episode!

Episode 19! - In this exciting episode we try our hand at the hill giant and brown bear lurking in Emridy Meadows, as well as head back to Hommlet and unravel some of the mysteries of this sleepy little town! We make some sweet progress, tie up some quests and set the stage for some epic questing adventure! Check it out! :)

Hey folks!

Episode 20 is live, and it's a doozy! I'm happy to have made it to 20 episodes thus far, and hope to have *at least* 20 more! I am getting ever so close to exploring the Temple of Elemental Evil itself, not quite there yet, but in this episode we finish up nearly every quest possible in Hommlet! Fun and adventure abound, so check it out! =)

Enjoy!

Episode 21 is here!

Hey folks! WOW! It's getting *really* exciting now, as I head back to Nulb and get the odd tip that there is a ruined temple nearby that may be a good place to find adventure! Could this be the Temple of Elemental Evil itself?! Pretty sure it is! =)

So, in this episode I adventure in and see what I find! Check it out! =)

Enjoy!

Will post a new episode tomorrow, but wow, just wanted to say that this game is really delivering now that I'm in the Temple. It's a very interesting place to explore with surprises around every corner. Loving it!

I think there is something to be said about games like this and Baldur's Gate, that seems to backload the game with awesome content. Both games start a bit meagerly, as I guess is to be expected with starter level D&D, but then progress into something amazing the more you play it.

Discovering the secrets of this Temple is giving me the same feelings I had when discovering the secrets of the city of Baldur's Gate. It's huge, it's sprawling, and there is just *so* much to see and do. The exploration is a joy and I am becoming more and more impressed the more I play this.

Troika made some faaantastic games, and it seems every one they made had unique elements that you don't see much in other games. Truly unique and legendary stuff!

Indeed, Mr. lackblogger! They are funny enemies. :)

Episode 22 is live! Check it out. Lots of Temple exploration going on from here on out in this Let's Play. :)

Episode 23. "The Cool Episode" :)

Episode 24. Having a ton of fun with this game thus far. Beautiful D&D, party-based madness. :)

Hey everyone! :)

I am continuing this Let's Play on my channel under the banner of "Temple Tuesdays!". Every Tuesday a new episode will be uploaded, so follow along and let's continue the fun of exploring this evil temple together! :)

*smiles broadly* See, I don't abandon all of my Let's Plays! :p

Episode 25, first episode of Temple Tuesdays!

New episode of Temple Tuesdays is up!! And it's deliciously evil, demonic, possessed and generally hand-in-hand with Satan himself!! I think the evilness of the Temple of Elemental Evil is getting to me...:)

lackblogger, Where you at? See, I didn't abandon the series! :)

Back
Top Bottom