Precursors review on Moby games

DId he play in English or Russian?

Fair comment, a well written and nicely balanced review.

The reviewer has good English skills, but I have to wonder if he is bilingual in Russian, or if he had the benefit of "our" English translation?
Quote from the review: "The original Russian dialogue is well-written, with plenty of silly, nonchalant humor; ..."

Yes it would be good to know, but I assume he played the Russian version - no-one could call the English translation well written! It's the main reason I stopped playing these games.

Yes it would be good to know, but I assume he played the Russian version - no-one could call the English translation well written!

The translation is horrible, I'll be the first to admit that, but you can still glimpse a bit of the original humor now and then. Just remember the mission about the guy whose mother in law had been abducted :).

The translation is horrible, I'll be the first to admit that, but you can still glimpse a bit of the original humor now and then. Just remember the mission about the guy whose mother in law had been abducted :).

An I the only one who likes the translation? It makes me feel like I am playing a Russian game with Russian accented English NPC's. Yes, a lot of things don't make sense in English, but then again they don't really have too.

An I the only one who likes the translation? It makes me feel like I am playing a Russian game with Russian accented English NPC's. Yes, a lot of things don't make sense in English, but then again they don't really have too.

Exactly. I didn't mind the translation as well. Most jokes are easy to understand and honestly? Perfect translation would actually take you out of the atmosphere.

On the side note, from that review summary..

"Why don't they make more games like this? "

Probably cause only Indie developer making a game like this almost went bankrupt. Not to mention almost no interest from most sites for their games (other than occasional mention). This is why no one makes these games and prefers creating same shit like Mass Effect and COD.

Back
Top Bottom