Dungeon Gate - Demo Available

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On the Greenlight page of Dungeon Gate the news can be found that a demo of the game is now available. In case you, like me, don't know what this game is about, maybe this description and video helps.
*** Play with more than 30 characters ***
*** Drain the DNA of any creatures in the world, play and upgrade it ***

Features :

RPG/Adventure with more than 30 characters to upgrade
Huge open world to explore + 5 Dungeons with traps, puzzles and challengig fights
30 characters to drain, play with and upgrade and more
30 customizable levels per character
25 hours of gameplay and more
PC and Mac
Mini Games

Concept Game :

RPG Dungeon Gate is different. You can not equip your character. You must drain the DNA of creatures to use their equipment, power or capacity.

Why do you shapeshift? Because it will take you deep in the game. You're too weak to fight or you want infiltrate an enemy camp, drain the DNA of one of them and you turn them. Beings too tall to access a passage, drain the DNA of a small creature to pass. You must transform into different creatures through the adventure. You can drain the DNA of all living things in the game, even dungeon bosses.

Open World, you can walk as you want in a large valley, visiting several houses and villages. You will pass through five dungeons in the game dungeons with five different environments and different gameplay.

List of some possible transformation :

- Wolf
- Giant Spider
- Thug
- Slime
- Giant Scarab
- Mummy
- Skelleton
- Koprund
- Barbare
- Harpy
- Goblin
- Dark Guardian
- Lich
- Cassius Robot
- Mage
- Rat
- Villager
- Horse
- Cockroach

Story :

Once Upon a time…

The story takes place in the besieged world of Barrilian, which is being devastated by the dragon hordes. In small village, pillaged and left to burn, not one soul was spared except for two babies; one recovered by the dragons and the other by a mysterious mage…

20 years later, a vicious tyrant has taken over the people of Barrilian, forcing them into slavery by using the influence he has over the dragons. By making the people extract precious stones from mines which enhance his magical skills, the citizens are unwillingly witnessing the gain of magical strength in the dictator.

A young man named Dysan will perhaps change everything…

Thanks Gigi.
More information.

Meh, that's a game with saves available only on certain locations.
I'd never buy that nor try a demo. Didn't buy a console for a reason and I don't want my PC turned into one.

turian, sorry, I don't understand anything on that link... :(

Told you guys to stay away from this one, I cannot find one good thing to say about it.

Told you guys to stay away from this one, I cannot find one good thing to say about it.

Wow, it must be pretty bad, then. You are one of this site's biggest optimists. :)

Wow, it must be pretty bad, then. You are one of this site's biggest optimists. :)

Nope, I just see some good in a lot of games, this one however was just poorly executed on all levels.

Some thoughts:
1) Maybe it should be titled Dungeon Drainer instead
2) I don't see how a mechanical construct has DNA
3) If a promo trailer has a huge glaring typo (ennemie's?), it does not bode well

All jokes aside, it's too bad about it being not very good. Looked like an interesting premise.

That's why I bought it on day 1. It was 14 bucks and sold retail. I just had to support these guys.

@turian: since when is krawll a quotable source?

That's why I bought it on day 1. It was 14 bucks and sold retail. I just had to support these guys.

@turian: since when is krawll a quotable source?

Well, in this case you got ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom