Gothic First time playing Gothic

No need to buy the key, the thing used to get it from Francis isn't far into the canyon. :)

Don't forget there are potions/plants that make you run faster temporarily... These can be very useful in some situations.

Without spoiling anything for you as you passed it already, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway for others:

In the valley of mines, it is much easier to get to the castle with a speed potion...

Amateurs! :gorath:

… with the help of transformation scrolls. Just remember to transform back outside the viewing range of humans. They'll attack on sight if they have already seen you as an animal. Probably some kind of bug.

… with the help of transformation scrolls. Just remember to transform back outside the viewing range of humans. They'll attack on sight if they have already seen you as an animal. Probably some kind of bug.

I don't see it as a bug....

If I saw a shadowbeast in front of me transforming into a human I would shoot the human in its head :D

In games only, of course.

Yes, good point.

That was my preference and it added a whole other way to play the game. And it became a necessity in Gothic 3.

Soooo…updates about my adventures thus far, and things of that nature ahead. :)

I killed a Stone Sentinel! It took me a few tries and some experimentation to do it, but I finally figured out that lightning hurts the dang thing, so I hit it with some lightning scrolls, and voila!, sentinel down. :cool:

Why was it important to kill this thing? It was guarding a key to a chest I needed to get into in the mansion in the swamp. Once I killed it, I was able to get the stone tablets it was guarding and continue my mission for both the bandits and the Water Mages. My, oh my, what a great game!

So, I'm continuing my work for the mages as well as the bandit camp. I actually was able to take out Franco and enter the bandit camp, and it's a whole new world in here. Loving every minute of it thus far, it's truly wonderful exploration. I even distilled some booze from my old pal, Snaf, who made a killer meatbug ragout in the first Gothic game! :D

I also learned to read the language of the priests, which as far as I know is the highest language you can learn to read magical stone tablets. I got something like - 30 HP, 12 mana, 6 strength, 6 two-handed weapon skill, 2 one-handed weapon skill, etc., just from those level III tablets alone! I was giddy when I was able to read them.

My character build is coming along brilliantly, with absolutely no hitches or malfunctions from playing naturally. By naturally, I mean that I didn't worry about being the best build, or dumping points all into one stat. I played as though I didn't have a care in the world, and everything is working out swimmingly!

So far I have around 110 mana, which enables me to cast several fireball and ice lance spells if needed, which do enough damage to fell most creatures I've come across thus far. I also have 400 HP which lets me take a nice bit of damage and still survive. I have something like 23 strength, which is low, but a decent 28% two-handed skill, so I can wield a wand at least well enough to kill lower level things. Oh, and I have a decent bow skill as well, with over 30 dexterity, sooo, I can use that bow against lesser enemies as well. All in all, it's a great build, and I'm really happy with it! I am focused on magic for the most part, though, and want to progress that aspect of my build the most.

So, there you have it. All in all, I'm having a ton of fun with this game still. It's just expertly crafted from top to bottom. I look forward to being able to finish this Let's Play series, which would be the first time ever I actually completed a game I started playing! I have completed more games off-camera, but never fully on-camera. So, it's exciting stuff. :cool: :)

Long live Gothic!!!

When I first played Gothic 2 there was no Night of the Raven. Additionally the combat was a lot easier. When they came out with the addon, NOTR, they added a whole new land and made combat a lot tougher. In the first release I was able to climb up to rock facing and take out the Orcs from above. In the update when I tried that, they came after me. Man, was I surprised.

And Fluent, good luck with completing the game on-camera. I hope it doesn't distracts from your enjoyment. There is still a lot of great stuff to do after NOTR.

Oh no, being on camera playing actually adds to my enjoyment! I like knowing a few people are watching and some are even joining me on my adventures and watching all the episodes, which is cool! :)

I'll be a bit surprised if you can complete it somewhat unscathed with something of a random build. They probably overdid the enemy damage reduction a bit, as a result of the fans wanting a harder game (Gothic 2 was very easy before NotR). As it is, "power gaming" is almost a requirement.

Okay, so without spoiling things, can anyone give me a hint or where to find the information I need to
answer the questions for Quarhodron? I have 4 correct answers, but 2 of the answers are eluding me. I've checked the Library of Scholars thoroughly, but I'm not sure where else to check. I don't have the colored tablets anymore as I gave them all to Saturas. I do have a red and green tablet left, but they don't seem to tell me much. I also have 12 regular stone tablets, but I can only read one of them. Is there some way to flip through all 12 and read all 12 of them?

So please, no direct spoilers, but a nice hint would help me out here. I'm a bit stumped. Thanks!

You should be able to answer most questions with what's in the library...

I won't tell you the answers directly, but I still find it slightly spoilerish, so I'll put them in spoiler marks.

You may not know the answer to all the questions.
Some questions may have the same answers.

Pladio, thanks for the tip. Maybe you can educate me a bit without spoiling it completely on how this ancient culture functioned. Here are the questions I'm having trouble with.

Who protected the civilization from attacks? Well, my guess is the Warrior Caste, but I'm not sure. Maybe the Guardians of the Dead?

Second, Who has the last say of the Council of Five. The Scholars, I think, because it appears the scholar who wrote the ancient texts had the ability to veto the decision of the Council, thus enacting his own decision.

But, with these 2 answers, at least one of them is wrong. A bit stumped here. Any tips on where I can find this information without downright spoiling things?

Hmm, then I really am stumped, although I may have spotted my error.

The Healers sealed the portal.
The Healers also alleviated suffering (perhaps, the Priests is the right answer here, though)
The Warriors caused the rise of evil.
The Priests can give a direct command to Quarhodron.
The Scholars have the final say over the Council.
The Warriors protected the people.

So, I'm thinking that perhaps the Priests are the ones who alleviated the suffering and tended to the ill, although the sensible answer there would be the Healers, but that's the only one that I think may be wrong...

Hmm, then I really am stumped, although I may have spotted my error.

The Healers sealed the portal.
The Healers also alleviated suffering (perhaps, the Priests is the right answer here, though)
The Warriors caused the rise of evil.
The Priests can give a direct command to Quarhodron.
The Scholars have the final say over the Council.
The Warriors protected the people.

So, I'm thinking that perhaps the Priests are the ones who alleviated the suffering and tended to the ill, although the sensible answer there would be the Healers, but that's the only one that I think may be wrong…

You may can/will not know the answer to all the questions.

Back
Top Bottom