external case for ssd

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Okay, I have an ssd I'm not using because I don't know how to make it fit in my case. Is there an external case I can buy and connect and not lose data transfer speed? I've got gobs of connectors on the back of the case....

Also, I would need to wipe the old data, since it used to be the OS on my previous machine. Can I just use Killdisk for that?

You can screw it where floppy drive goes. I did that in mine.
Nothing will happen if you don't attach it firmly though, it'll still work without a glitch.

Don't go for external cases.

Dunno what's killdisk, sorry.

Okay, I have an ssd I'm not using because I don't know how to make it fit in my case. Is there an external case I can buy and connect and not lose data transfer speed? I've got gobs of connectors on the back of the case….

Also, I would need to wipe the old data, since it used to be the OS on my previous machine. Can I just use Killdisk for that?

Most SSDs (unless they're really old models), have a secure erase feature. Essentially, all the data on SSDs is encrypted by default. When you run secure erase, it just deletes its current encryption key, and creates a new one. The old data is effectively securely wiped.

Most brands let you download their Ssd toolkit app, and once installed, it's a one click operation to wipe it.

Back
Top Bottom