S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Development Continues

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blue's notes a new entry on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Facebook page that indicates development on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will continue. Time will tell if there are any caveats but here's the post:
The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays.
Thanks, JDR!
More information.

Is it Christmas again?

Seriously, this is awesome. I thought Stalker was dead and gone.

Never finished the first one from boredom. Still good news if you love the series like many here do.

Yesssss :party:

P.S :If this was just a Publicity stunt (although I kinda doubt it and I am actually expecting to hear about cuts to the project) then they are idiots…

P.P.S Thanks for the news JDR!

STALKER boring? You must have played a different game than the one I did.

Nope didn't enjoy a single one sorry. Its the truth. Different tastes for everyone you know. What one likes another wont.

One of the few games that genuinely creeped me out when crawling around in the dark. A few minor quirks irritated me, one was the travel system between areas and the other was the game-world was a bit linear.

I hope it feels more complete than STALKER did upon release. Always loved the potential of these games, but I think I got bored with the basic premise playing the first one - and the following games were too much of the same stuff.

I for one loved them. Especially after some fan made mods added textures and equipment.

Great News !!! Couch, It took me 2 installs to try original Stalker. But I did fall in love with it, you should try Call Of Pripyat. It is a superior version of the game.

This one I don;t even think I'm gonna try. Put enough energy in this idea as it is.
This world makes no sense, I feel no motivation for doing shit in it. The equipment is always a let down, gameplay is repetitive
The atmosphere is ok , world is polished , but they don;t have a clue how to step up.
Just like most european movies , they are good, but you never get the kick out of them like the holiwood types.

Just like most european movies , they are good, but you never get the kick out of them like the holiwood types.

You're kidding right? Bergman and Tarkovsky for ex are one of the best directors that ever lived and The Seventh Seal for ex. is superior to most of the junk Hollywood released in the past decade.

Coming back to Stalker, what exactly is it that you don't like about it? "Putting energy" in it is really a vague way of expressing yourself.

You're kidding right? Bergman and Tarkovsky for ex are one of the best directors that ever lived and The Seventh Seal for ex. is superior to most of the junk Hollywood released in the past decade.

+1 Add Kurosawa to that and you have my Holy Trinity...
( I guess my avatar and Stalker fixation gave most of that away :) )

Bergman, yes. Though the Seventh Seal is a bit too artsy fartsy for me.

Tarkovsky? Ehm, not so much :)

Artsy Fartsy :)lol: that made me chuckle despite myself), I shudder to ask your opinion on Stalker and Solaris if you thought the 7th seal was artsy fartsy ;)

Artsy Fartsy :)lol: that made me chuckle despite myself), I shudder to ask your opinion on Stalker and Solaris if you thought the 7th seal was artsy fartsy ;)

Stalker is incredibly boring (though pretty too), and I've never managed to watch Solaris. The new Soderbergh version is pretty good, though it's slightly too much style-over-substance for my tastes.

Then again, I'm also a great anti-fan of Kubrick and someone like von Trier.

I do like movies that make me think, though few manage to do so. However, they need to make me stay awake as well. I'm not a slow thinker :)

Black Swan and The Fountain are excellent examples of my kind of thinky movies :)

Generally, though, I prefer movies with suggestions rather than questions. I'm quite full of questions already :)

Yeah That is what I figured :D

Have I also mentioned that I love Kubrick and Von Trier (well not love Trier but I did love Riget) ;)

I like Aronofsky too of course, but somehow I have not yet managed to watch Black Swan and The Fountain (Though I know I will like them... I really need to get back on track with my movie watching again... Too many games and books the last couple of years for my anemic free time :-/)

Riget was not bad, at least not the first part of it :)

Haven't watched Black Swan and The Fountain? You do realise they're probably the best movies of the last decade right?

I am hearing great things about them, no doubt about that.

I am hoping I will eventually (shameful I know) start on the regular movie watching again and they are certainly at the top of the list…

P.S And to continue to derail this thread I'll add Jarmusch to round out my list of artsy favorites :) (and put Lynch near the absolute top ofcourse ;) )

Back
Top Bottom