I want to translate Goldenland to English please help me

Ok I received the Czech version and well it is completely in Czech with Russian voiceovers for main characters. It is version 1.0 but when I put the .sdb file from Spanish version to game directory the game becomes version 1.3 and completely in Spanish (Russian voiceovers are still working). Also this Czech version does not have any kind of copy protection (no need for crack or anything). If I try to patch with Russian version 1.3 Starforce kicks in.
So you just need to change one packed file .sdb and you have different languages. It would be great if we can find English .sdb file.

Dark Savant, wait six months, and there will be an English version, I can assure you about that. :)

More findings.

You can freely change .sdb files between Spanish and Czech version with no problems (Spanish version does not have voiceovers) so I don`t understand why can`t I change word length in .sdb file. Spanish and Czech are 99.99% different. Totally different word and sentence structure.

Gokyabgu - I have no doubt but since I am a perfectionist I don`t like the idea to be forced to change or shorten the translation. It must be done properly.

Conclusion - I must find I way to properly edit and change files inside .sdb package.

If you can find a way to change the dialogs' character sizes, it'll be a great support to the translation.

This whole process reminds me a little bit of how some people in the German-language part of the Larian forum began dissecting the Realms Of Arcania games - and compared the English-language version and the German-language version.

It's incredible how much detail(s) they found ! Not to mention bugs and missing things, and changes into the English-language version (like the bigger amount of experience points).

Sounds about right to me. You finally solved me the puzzle of why my 6 mirrors dont seem to affect the basilisk.

I own an English version of Heath for a long time. You can buy a used copy from time to time on ebay.co.uk. for cheap.

Here is one right now
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEATH-PC-GAME...s_JS?hash=item4146c188db&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

more info
http://www.tothegame.com/pc-1986-heath-the-unchosen-path-for-pc.html

Bah . . . seems to require an older version of Direct X. Well, it's telling me I need to install Direct X anyway, and I'm assuming I've got plenty of updated versions :(

Strange. I just reinstalled the game and it works perfectly on Vista SP2 32 bit and nvidia 9300M with latest drivers. Have you tried to apply no-cd patch? There must be some incompatibilities with copy protection.

Strange. I just reinstalled the game and it works perfectly on Vista SP2 32 bit and nvidia 9300M with latest drivers. Have you tried to apply no-cd patch? There must be some incompatibilities with copy protection.

Nope, I bought the cd from ebay so shouldn't need a no-cd patch, not sure why it's misbehaving :(

I have an original too but I always use no-cd patches for old games as it seems to solve incompatibilities. Many games just start to work. You will have a hard time running the game if you don`t use this method for Heath. Try this one friend (unzip and put the file into Heath directory)
http://www.filedropper.com/heath

There must be some incompatibilities with copy protection.

I have the suspiciuon that older SecuRom-types of copy protections have indeed a few incompatibilities with newer versions of that installed on the same machine.

Or at least this is the direction where it goes to, in my case. I had several problems, and unintalling older, securom-based games seemed to solve this for me.

Although I can't never be sure. It might also be something different ...

I have an original too but I always use no-cd patches for old games as it seems to solve incompatibilities. Many games just start to work. You will have a hard time running the game if you don`t use this method for Heath. Try this one friend (unzip and put the file into Heath directory)
http://www.filedropper.com/heath

Cool, will give that a go this evening :) Thank you!

Unfortunately Dark Savant,

I had to abandoned the project because of several reasons:

1) Using an hex editor is really a pain since you have to arrange every dialog according to the original text character number, accidentally writing over only one byte of code means the file is completely useless. You have to be extremely careful.
2) Using three different online translators to translate the text then shaping into an understandable form was also very difficult.
3) After translating a fair bit of the game, I finally understood why this game had never been an english version. This game suffers badly from terribly writen dialogs. It didn't stem from the Russian to Spanish translation, its' original Russian texts are also so poorly written. The game looks good but that's all. There is nothing good about the game that deserves all this effort.

Now I'm translating Dragon Age Origins to my native language (Turkish) with a team of 12 people and we are in the final phases of the project. I also have a solo project to translate Drakensang to Turkish. I'm using dialog editors for both of them so there is no Hex editor pain anymore.

I'm really sorry.

Poorly written dialogs in the original ?, Well, then, they might be better withheld from the world ... Some beasts are probably not unleashed ...

So had anyone played Heath the Unchosen path, and if so how is the game, worth playing or not?

This project has been reactivated on csrinru and it only needs testers to get finished. So anyone interested take a look at
https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=109315
Thread "IN DEVELOPMENT:GOLDENLAND 2" in the developers section.

The game itself is now completely playable for non-russian speakers.

All dialogs, tool tips, quest logs, item descriptions have been translated. Most of them automated through yandex and google. As a result, a lot of translations are messed up. These need to be detected, reported and fixed.
Therefore one only needs to take screenshots of the erronous text parts while playing the game. After that upload those files to a file hoster and do some PM. I will correct that then.

However, the developers section of csrinru requires registration; else you won't have access rights.

Back
Top Bottom