Dead State - Design Update - Don't Play Dead

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
This design update for Dead State deals with helping you cope with zombies in combat. Here are a few ways to help you survive:

2. If you don’t want to confront them, your best bet is to run. The undead are extremely slow, and almost any human can easily outmaneuver them. They have been known to occasionally get “excited” and lunge at humans that are within a few feet of them, so try to keep your distance.

3. The greatest strength of the dead is numbers. They tend to group up when attracted to sound, as loud sounds will bring most zombies in the area to a single point. They will also make noise when they spot humans, drawing more to the area. Either kill individuals with melee weapons to keep the noise down or keep your distance. Be careful not to run straight into a waiting mob.

8. Keep an eye on wounded or downed allies. If a wounded ally has been knocked out, they will be a priority target for zombies. Allies that are KO’d cannot defend themselves. If a zombie attacks them in this state, they will almost certainly be killed or infected.

9. Zombie infection isn’t 100%, after one bite or scratch. Most of the time, their attacks do not get through armor, though the bite trauma is still painful enough to cause injury.

10. You can buy yourself some time by closing and locking doors. Zombies will attack doors, but will quickly lose interest if they lose audio and visual contact of a human for a short amount of time.

11. Be careful around bodies of fallen foes and allies. If they are infected, they will rise from the dead rather quickly. Destroy the head of a corpse before they get up. Zombies are attracted to “fresh meat” so you may also use this to your advantage when trying to delay them.
More information.

I'm very much looking forward to this one. It's sounding better and better all the time. Dig the idea of having former allies turning against you and delaying the dead with locked door and the headless corpses os said former allies. :p

These are good rules to follow in general. I already avoid making much noise and steer clear of waiting mobs. I'm going to kick arse at this game. :p

Magicky Utok :D I love that, Huggy. I know the translation, but you were right in that it was better not knowing :)

Couldn't agree with you more. This game is sounding more and more like The Walking Dead. Did you see rule 10? Lock the door and stay quiet. Love the attention to detail they are putting into this game.

Hope they can pull it all off.

If ignorance is bliss, I'm a rapturous monkey...
You're right about how much it sounds like The Walking Dead. Reading this last post, I was half expecting them to start calling the zombies "geeks." :p

And, yeah, I've veen enjoying the show, and I don't like much television. Thanks again for the heads up, Skaven. I would've certainly missed it. Seen them all except the last one. Had a chance to watch a late-night rerun while doing paperwork but passed, because the girliefriend and I like to watch it together. Got it recorded, though. Maybe tonight.

And you're right about the apparent attention to detail in Dead State. Leaving fresh meat, a.k.a. your former friends, behind to distract pursuing zombies? Nice touch. Maybe I should have taken my generator-running engineer out into the wild, but at least I can bring his head back to the shelter. Good stuff. :p

Sure hope this one sees the light of day. I'd be glad to preorder, if they need some development funds.

Should not have taken my engineer...

Can't edit posts on my phone. Stupid broken trackball button. :p

This game sounds fantastic, and indeed a lot like TWD, which is a great show.

Read the books. The show is great. The books are better :)

Back
Top Bottom